PDA

View Full Version : Red Elephant/ Mill Creek/Bill Moore Lake

coleman07
July 4th, 2017, 01:21 AM
Tried to do this run last year and a jeep flipped in our group and never got to run the whole thing.

Saturday, July 22nd - meet in Downieville at 9:30, do Red Elephant to Mill Creek then end the day at Bill Moore lake.

I have a stock Rubicon and had no problem with Red Elephant. It is steep and has some tough rocks but its doable.

Hope someone will join me.

Jim
July 4th, 2017, 09:04 AM
I'm likely a yes - though I have a big "but..." the jeep is in the garage with wiring issues. I _hope_ to make a good push today to put it together but it is as yet unknown when it'll be on the trail.

coleman07
July 4th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Maybe we should just do Bill Moore up to Mill Creek. Read that Red Elephant is not in good shape.

Java
July 5th, 2017, 07:38 AM
I'm a maybe

nickpgoodman
July 5th, 2017, 01:03 PM
I'm a firm maybe on this. Stock GC Overland should be OK?

dieseldoc
July 5th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Sean we are maybe, it is getting very busy for me. saturdays can be tough.
we will let you know.

get this on the calender

PhillipG65
July 9th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Interested, willing to give ya a YES

Jim
July 9th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Jeep made good progress this weekend. Unless a gotcha rears a head on a drive this week I'm an almost certain yes - so long as it's on Saturday (busy most Sundays).

coleman07
July 11th, 2017, 03:54 PM
I moved this to the calendar.

sofamango4x4
July 22nd, 2017, 09:49 AM
Hey there , at the parking lot next to Starbucks, plenty of jeeps here. I'm in a black 4 door , license plate wwq. Will be on the look out for you guys

Jim
July 23rd, 2017, 12:15 AM
Interested, willing to give ya a YES

Your truck is quite satisfied IT didn't have to endure a pounding on a difficult trail.

Red Elephant had many difficult sections. Other trails had several three-point turns to navigate tree trunks. It's midnight - I just came home - I'm beat.

PhillipG65
July 23rd, 2017, 06:02 AM
Thanks Jim, Appreciate the info. Funny how things worked out around here, one thing after another and I'm injured...?!?! Weird guess I was meant to stay home this weekend. LOL
Good to know you made it home and the jeep is doing good !!! Bet you got some sound sleep