PDA

View Full Version : Longwater Gulch - Saturday 15 July, you comin'?

goSlo
July 11th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Hey guys I'm going to run Longwater Gulch this weekend and wondered if anyone else had any interest.
The burn scar doesn't offer a lot of shade so the 12 yro and I really enjoy jumping in the icy cold Platte at the end of this one.

Depending on trail traffic we could definitely hit MetBerry or Hackett too. I'll most likely have no doors on so a river crossing will not be in the plan.

I was thinking at trailhead by 0930, goinSlo in 4lo by 1000. :)

Wheelin', a cold waterin' hole and some grub from the grill, why yes please.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/363-longwater-gulch

xaza
July 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM
We are discussing and figuring out plans, we might be up for getting out.

goSlo
July 14th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Hey that sounds great!

Let me know if I should keep an eye out, currently have one other joining us.

Brian
July 14th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Right now my entire fuel system is in the garage floor. I have everything except the fuel pump on hand to get it back together/upgraded. If the fuel pump shows up early enough Saturday then I'll try to join in on Sunday.

goSlo
July 14th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Sounds good Brian!

Trying to get a bead on the weather for tomorrow up there, seems like there's at least a 50% chance of some precip during the day.

As long as that doesn't coincide with the rock slab I'll be happy!

dieseldoc
July 14th, 2017, 08:30 PM
the slab wet is not fun, but if you use the laft side
you will climb right on up.

who know what you will get down there with the afternoon rai s we have been getting.

xaza
July 15th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Not going to make this one, have a great time

Brian
July 15th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Mail came and the pump wasn't in there. USPS tracking said it's in Denver. Sorry man, but I'm dead in the water at the moment. If you go, at least all the rain should keep the dust down.

goSlo
July 16th, 2017, 06:45 AM
It was a good time, the rains held out all day, slabs stayed dry and the only other traffic was bikes and atv's.

http://jeep.erynm.com/jeep_longwater-7-15-17.jpg

Sounds like Doink will be ready for the next one.

-A

xaza
July 16th, 2017, 08:44 AM
What time did you guys get off the trail? I think we passed you on our way in. Sorry I couldn't make it out with you but we couldn't get up and moving in time with my wife getting off work so late the night before.

goSlo
July 16th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Yeah I remember seeing your full caged XJ now. We were on the way out around 3ish.

Plenty of good weather left for another one. :)