PDA

View Full Version : Aug 8 or 9?

FINOCJ
July 26th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Getting this started a bit early, but I am heading out of town until Aug 6 (middle fork permit!). I am hoping to get one more weekday run in on Aug 8 or 9 before work starts back up. Any interest? I would be interested in MSV-Coney, Bill Moore-Mill Creek, Kingston Peak-Sheridan Hill, Webster Pass. Maybe even something a bit further away in BV/Ark valley, Mosquito, Hagerman, HalfMoon Creek, Taylor Pass, Schofield as a 2 day trip with overnight camp (assuming snow is gone by then)?

I will have internet access up through Thurs 7/27 afternoon - then I will probably be offline until Aug 4 or so. If a run develops during that time, post it up and I will join in as soon as I get back online. As much as I chide that May and June are more ski months than 4wheeling, it really is getting about that time finally!

78bj40
July 26th, 2017, 07:38 AM
I might be able to do the 8th

Getaklu
July 26th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Possibly could make either of those two dates as well.

FINOCJ
July 26th, 2017, 08:28 AM
I might be able to do the 8th

I am happy to plan for the 8th.

78bj40
July 26th, 2017, 07:01 PM
I am happy to plan for the 8th.

Sounds good, please pick a trail that is out and back and posted on calendar

FINOCJ
July 27th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I haven't run bill moore and mill creek in a few years...but I think you have more recently. Would also be interested to run like webster or mosquito as an out and back. Tempted to do red cone...but...hmmm

PhillipG65
July 27th, 2017, 07:02 AM
I am interested in going!!! Currently dealing with a little injury but after the 31st I will know better where that is and say for sure one way or the other

78bj40
July 27th, 2017, 07:05 AM
I haven't run bill moore and mill creek in a few years...but I think you have more recently. Would also be interested to run like webster or mosquito as an out and back. Tempted to do red cone...but...hmmm

I'm OK with any of those trails, which ever you would like.

PhillipG65
July 27th, 2017, 08:52 AM
That is as long as you guys don't mind running with the elephant......

FINOCJ
July 27th, 2017, 11:38 AM
I would like to run mosquito pass assuming the snow is gone. Bushducks says its open all the way. Havent been over it in quite some time. Its a bit of a long drive from both Denver and the springs though. If its too far a drive we can do webster or bill moore.

Spieg
July 27th, 2017, 02:06 PM
FYI - Webster was reported as not passable by Jeep last weekend (snow drift near top).
See post here: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?25989-Red-cone-to-swan-river-rd

FINOCJ
July 27th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Will be offline for about a week. I will post for mosquito pass but if people like something else feel free to change. Admin can delete or modify if needed.

Eagle6
July 30th, 2017, 02:59 PM
I'd be in for a day trip on the 8th. Coming out of South Denver area.

78bj40
July 30th, 2017, 03:06 PM
I'd be in for a day trip on the 8th. Coming out of South Denver area.

David

The run is posted on the calendar, please rsvp
Hope to see you there on the 8th

FINOCJ
August 3rd, 2017, 04:57 PM
Hi guys...back online. Let me know if you need any changes to the meeting time or place etc. Of all things the tacoma had a check engine light come on in the middle of nowhere Idaho along with an engine vibration/misfire. Babied it 100 miles to Butte, MT. Nice local shop squeezed us in here at the end of the day. #6 ignition coil was bad. Should be on the road again shortly.

Getaklu
August 3rd, 2017, 05:20 PM
Glad they got you in and it wasn't too serious.

moose
August 3rd, 2017, 10:16 PM
That is as long as you guys don't mind running with the elephant......

James and Louis have both run trials with me and I'm no mouse...I'd love to go but I'm still dealing with a D70 install. What was supposed to be bolt in has turned into a one off situation due to buying what seems to be a frankenaxle...must have been 15:30 on a Friday. Have fun guys

78bj40
August 4th, 2017, 09:53 AM
James and Louis have both run trials with me and I'm no mouse...I'd love to go but I'm still dealing with a D70 install. What was supposed to be bolt in has turned into a one off situation due to buying what seems to be a frankenaxle...must have been 15:30 on a Friday. Have fun guys

Drew
I hope that you get your rig up and running this season, it is a bummer to see all the obstacles you have run into. Let me know if you need any help

moose
August 4th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Thanks Louis, it won't be long!

FINOCJ
August 6th, 2017, 05:02 PM
With Tues approaching...wanted to finalize a meeting place. Do we want to meet in Fairplay at gas station or would meeting at the trailhead be easier. I know Louis will be trailering his rig...so it might be easiest to meet at the trailhead where Louis wants to leave his trailer? Louis - If you know a place you want to leave the trailer, let me know. I think you can leave it right at the mosquito pass rd (12) and the paved road (hwy 9).

See if this google map pin works...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/39%C2%B016'12.8%22N+106%C2%B002'59.3%22W/@39.270217,-106.0520027,598m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d39.27021 7!4d-106.049814?hl=en

Does 10 am meeting still work for everyone? The early forecast for the weather shows a bit mixed - possible to probable T-storms as the day develops (might have to put the top on). Actually, I am debating just flat-towing it but I'll probably drive it out there.

FINOCJ
August 6th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Thanks Louis, it won't be long!

Same here Drew - let us know if we can help....would enjoy getting out on the trail with you again before this season is over.

78bj40
August 6th, 2017, 05:23 PM
With Tues approaching...wanted to finalize a meeting place. Do we want to meet in Fairplay at gas station or would meeting at the trailhead be easier. I know Louis will be trailering his rig...so it might be easiest to meet at the trailhead where Louis wants to leave his trailer? Louis - If you know a place you want to leave the trailer, let me know. I think you can leave it right at the mosquito pass rd (12) and the paved road (hwy 9).

See if this google map pin works...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/39%C2%B016'12.8%22N+106%C2%B002'59.3%22W/@39.270217,-106.0520027,598m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d39.27021 7!4d-106.049814?hl=en

Does 10 am meeting still work for everyone? The early forecast for the weather shows a bit mixed - possible to probable T-storms as the day develops (might have to put the top on). Actually, I am debating just flat-towing it but I'll probably drive it out there.

James
10:00am is good for me and looking at the sat image hwy 9 and 12 looks like a good meeting spot.

Getaklu
August 6th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Would like to hit this with you James but have an early back to school night Tuesday I need to be in Castle Rock for. My daughter is going into 1st grade and it starts Thursday. I had fun on Pickle, am sure we will hit another trail in the future.

78bj40
August 6th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Would like to hit this with you James but have an early back to school night Tuesday I need to be in Castle Rock for. My daughter is going into 1st grade and it starts Thursday. I had fun on Pickle, am sure we will hit another trail in the future.

No worries Chris, I'm sure we will see you out there in the future.

FINOCJ
August 6th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Here is a link for info:

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/389-mosquito-pass

Could explore down into Birdseye Gulch a bit if time allows on west side. I have also driven up to Cooney Lake previously - its fun with some creek crossings, but likes to leave some pin-stripes on the side of the jeep as its narrow between the bushes rubbing on the vehicle.

78bj40
August 6th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Here is a link for info:

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/389-mosquito-pass

Could explore down into Birdseye Gulch a bit if time allows on west side. I have also driven up to Cooney Lake previously - its fun with some creek crossings, but likes to leave some pin-stripes on the side of the jeep as its narrow between the bushes rubbing on the vehicle.

I have all day so what ever we have time for, all good

FINOCJ
August 7th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Top is on...expecting a mix of weather. I am going to try and leave well before 8am to give myself well over 2 hrs as I will be driving the jeep all the way. I will probably stop for some gas and coffee in fairplay, but will be at the junction of hwy 9 and mosquito pass rd (12) at 10am to air down and lock in. I might even see if I have some smaller carb jets as its not going to love 13,000', but I think I am already on my smallest ones.

See you guys there.

FINOCJ
August 7th, 2017, 07:23 PM

Sounds good Chris- I will probably be unable to do middle of the week runs as I have the school year starting as well. But hope to get a few more weekend runs in.

78bj40
August 7th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Top is on...expecting a mix of weather. I am going to try and leave well before 8am to give myself well over 2 hrs as I will be driving the jeep all the way. I will probably stop for some gas and coffee in fairplay, but will be at the junction of hwy 9 and mosquito pass rd (12) at 10am to air down and lock in. I might even see if I have some smaller carb jets as its not going to love 13,000', but I think I am already on my smallest ones.

See you guys there.

Good deal, see you in the morning