PDA

View Full Version : Forum patch install - pending Monday 2017-07-31

Jim
July 28th, 2017, 06:46 PM
There's a patch to the forum software. I'm going to submit it for installation early next week - Monday, maybe Tuesday. I hope nothing will "break" with the forum, and if anything does, a rollback to prior backup will likely happen. It is possible some posts could be lost - but I'm decently confident the patch install will go as each would wish - smoothly.

Just a head's up...

Java
July 28th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Goodluck! :thumb:

dieseldoc
July 29th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Tom
July 29th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Good luck, Jim

Eagle6
July 30th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Thanks in advance.

Chris
July 30th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Security Patch?

Jim
July 30th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Security Patch?

"updated for PHP 7 Compatability"

Jim
August 1st, 2017, 09:29 PM
Patch upgrade submitted.

24-hour window for install - though typically it is tended quickly.

Chris
August 2nd, 2017, 02:37 PM
Coming along! A few things yet to come!

Tom
August 2nd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Like the new reply/unsubscribe option.

Biggest issue I see is the text where unread posts was previously now says "Error database marking is disabled" though it still seems to do what it did previously.

Chris
August 2nd, 2017, 05:16 PM
Some images like the logo are missing (showing vBulletin) and the blog function is visible in a few places.

Chris
August 2nd, 2017, 05:20 PM
Like the new reply/unsubscribe option.

Where do you see this Tom?

Getaklu
August 2nd, 2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks for all of the hard work on the upgrade guys.

Jim
August 2nd, 2017, 05:56 PM
Hey folks - I just came to see it's up - with some subtle change.

Please note any New/Different/Non-Functioning items in this thread.

It did not go as easy as we would wish but in all - the snags were my fault. I didn't provide the proper patch to the host and then it seems I didn't provide the proper license code to them. This caused a multi-hour "pause" from one step to another.

They desired me to verify that the plug-ins we use would be compatible with the version of the upgrade. PFFFT - some of the plug-ins we use are no longer under development and we won't know / can't know if they'll work until we "give it a whirl".

I'll be creating a test "run" to test creation / calendar function / RSVP function. I'll also turn on the Donate bar to test a donation or two. Donations bar will be turned on later this month for the fall donation run (if that plug-in still works!).

Tom
August 2nd, 2017, 06:23 PM
Where do you see this Tom?
Not there any longer. I did a subscribed posts and the list had a reply/unsubscribe option next to each No longer though.

Chris
August 2nd, 2017, 06:37 PM
Not there any longer. I did a subscribed posts and the list had a reply/unsubscribe option next to each No longer though.

Whew! I was questioning my observation skills! :lmao:

Jim - It looks like it lost whatever setting that points to the images directory. That's about all I can see.

Oops, and the database marking.

Jim
August 2nd, 2017, 07:50 PM
Thx.

At this stage I don't see a need to roll back / restore the forum. I'll work at testing remaining features and then resolve the "small things" - but it might be a day or so for attention to small stuff. Big stuff testing later tonight.

The banner item - that seems to have been cache related - it was showing the proper image earlier for me but now it's all the vbull image.

Jim
August 2nd, 2017, 07:55 PM
Jumping into the admin control panel I'm presented with this (which might explain the logo and odd items not working):

==
Out-of-Date Custom Templates Found! There are currently 1 customized template(s) that need to be updated or reverted. Some sections of vBulletin may not function if you do not do this!
==

So there's that...

Brian
August 2nd, 2017, 07:55 PM
I tried clicking "mark forums read" and got this error box:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Jim
August 2nd, 2017, 08:08 PM
PayPal donate tested / working / turned off.

Jim
August 2nd, 2017, 08:59 PM
Resolved:
- Top right corner - Display Unread Posts - resolved / Updated.
- Banner image
- Favicon.ico image
- Remove the Promote to Article / Blog this Post items
- Mark Forums Read
- Some odd icons look to be of the blue theme where they were likely a brown theme - very low priority but on the list.

ToDo:
(no known item at this moment)

Jim
August 5th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Mark Forums Read - fixed

Jim
August 6th, 2017, 06:08 PM
List looks to be tended. No known item to resolve post update.

Chris
August 7th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Just a few images to re-link Jim. Thanks for all you do :thumb:

Jim
August 7th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Wha? Images to re-link? You stirr'n the pot with externally linked pix vs. locally uploaded pix? I can chuckle if that's the case though if I'm not catching the humor, let me know what needs to be fixed.

That update seems to be the last update to be offered for the version we're at.

Chris
August 7th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Sorry Jim, not being funny. Unless it's a cache issue on my part these still need to be corrected. Also just noticed blue in the tiny arrows for page navigation below the post. i.e.; page 3 of 3 on the right bottom of this post as well as the same on the top. Also in the dark brown on the top of the page navigation there's a tiny blue "home" button.

Jim
August 7th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Gotcha

Home button - I understand
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/images/misc/navbit-home.png

Page navigation right/left double-right/left arrows - I understand
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/images/pagination/first-right.png
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/images/pagination/previous-right.png

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/images/pagination/last-right.png
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/images/pagination/next-right.png

The attachment you put in - I believe I know what you're talking of (url) but need to wait for some new posts to see it in action.

I have to submit a support ticket as I don't have write access to the images directory. I asked, on the last ticket, for them to replace the whole "images" directory and sub-dirs - nope - they only did the ONE sub-directory at-issue - so they get to do more (I'll ask they do the whole images arena).

Jim
August 8th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Changed.

This time they changed FTP permissions and I'm able to upload the prior version of files. Several directories of forum images were changed back to prior files (prior colors).

If anyone sees anything yet to tend - post it here.

Chris
August 9th, 2017, 05:33 PM
One more? Look at the Forum Statistics at the bottom of the home page. ;)

Jim
August 9th, 2017, 06:22 PM
I have been checking that. I'm missing what your intent is. Too many stats showing up? A not-properly-colored icon?

Chris
August 9th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Nope, blog links.

Jim
August 9th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Got it - Product turned off.

Thanks for kicking that stone.