PDA

View Full Version : Iron Chest / Grizzly this weekend

TJS86TOY
August 8th, 2017, 11:22 AM
One other and I are headed up to run Iron Chest and Grizzly this weekend. Hopefully leaving Friday after work and camping off of Tincup for the weekend. Any interest?

goSlo
August 8th, 2017, 02:00 PM
I have a chip on my shoulder for that first Grizzly obstacle, it turned me back last time.
We ended up running Tincup instead because we had a stock Jeeper with us and, not gonna lie, I was intimidated by it.
I find myself thinking about that view opening up to the lake that I've only read about.

Gonna try and talk the fam into it for Saturday, if that's a good day for you to run Grizzly.?

TJS86TOY
August 8th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Yup, that first slab can be a bear (No pun) it's turned me away last year. Just that creek rite in front of it makes it super slick. I don't see a problem with Saturday unless Alex objects. And the view..... awesome at the top!

redneck23ms
August 8th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Works for me.

Spieg
August 8th, 2017, 04:34 PM
That first one on Grizzly usually takes a few tries and a little bit of my skidplate to get the line. Last time, the worst obstacle for me was a large rock step midway climbing up the shelf road (got a little close to the edge for my comfort)

Riotcake
August 11th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Am I too late to get in on this? I have never been on either trail, but from what I was reading I should be fine with 35's and lockers right?

TJS86TOY
August 11th, 2017, 07:21 AM
You should be fine with your setup. Nope, not too late to hop aboard. I'll put as a planned run. I am leaving sometime this morning (Friday) and will be camping up Tincup pass. I'll be in the big red 4runner and cb channel 4 ham radio 146.550. Otherwise for those coming up Saturday morning meet at truck and trailers (white F350 crew long bed with red superior trailer) around 9:30 am ish?

TJS86TOY
August 11th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Set on Calendar

goSlo
August 11th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Thanks for adding it to the calendar.
I'm still on the fence, but I'll have a decision made by this evening.