PDA

View Full Version : Any Aug 12/13 (Sat/Sun) Interest?

FINOCJ
August 10th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Seeing if anyone is interested to get out for a run this weekend?

RockyMtRebel
August 10th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Sunday I'll be doing Bunce School, Park creek and probably T33a crash routes with a couple UTV's. I'm getting 35" Toyo MT's put on tomorrow and will probably want to wheel all weekend with the new big boots on ;)

Saturday I may be up for something also ......

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Saturday is looking preferable for me at the moment, but see what develops. Sun is still a possibility as well.

RockyMtRebel
August 11th, 2017, 07:00 AM
I might be up for something Saturday but would prefer to stay north of I70. Any ideas?

my ideas would be: Rainbow Lakes/Caribou, Gordon Gulch, Pole Hill, Rollins Pass East/Jenny Creek, Kingston Peak......

PhillipG65
August 11th, 2017, 07:04 AM
The elephant and I would probably enjoy Rainbow Lakes/Caribou

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2017, 10:09 AM
I am not familiar with Rainbow Lakes Caribou....will look into it but certainly sounds like a possibility. I also like Kingston Peak - combine with Sheridan hill/Yankee to make a loop.

Sat is looking good....

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2017, 01:44 PM
I am game for whatever on Sat...Always like Kingston Pk. Gordon Gulch and some of the side roads like Matchless and Upham Gulch etc look like they could be combined for a fun day. Caribou is also fine - looks a bit short - can it be combined with anything nearby. Checked on Jenny Creek - guess I always thought it was super difficult, but it looks good as well when looped with Rollins East.

PhillipG65
August 11th, 2017, 03:35 PM
I've done some on Caribu and the best I can remember, there are cross trails like when you, Chris and I went through Pickle Gulch.
Please don't quote me on that, I'm not for sure sure but it seems to intersect with other trails
Sorry said it again......Kind of a rough day for me, and I feel the pain again in my knee so I'm not really myself, SO BORED !!!
How far away are the trails you are mentioning? I for sure wanna go I just need to be safe and a lil careful on my end.

jaymoto
August 11th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Hey guys its been awhile since I've been on the forum and been out wheeling maybe once in last two years. My truck is finally back in good running order and ready for some wheeling. I was looking to get out on Sunday with wife a kiddo for kind of a shake down run. A trail that came to mind was bunce school road, caribou or similar.

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Phillip - you good to go sat?
The network of trails around Gordon Gulch are just north of Nederland a bit and on the east side of hwy 72 from Caribou. Not very far from switzerland road - just a mile or so south. I have never run any of those so all of those would be good. I think they are kind of Matt's backyard.

If Matt isn't interested, then I would probably prefer to head over towards St Marys and explore up Chinn's Lake and Kingston Peak etc. It would be great to post this sooner rather than later since we are talking about tomorrow.

jaymoto
August 11th, 2017, 04:28 PM
FINO just checking your schedule allows you to only get out tomorrow? I'll plan better in advance for the next one. Have fun.

RockyMtRebel
August 11th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Hey guys I'd be up for Gordon Gulch tomorrow morning, it's been years since I've done this one and if I remember there are quite a few trails and spurs and after all the recent rain it could be fun ;)

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2017, 05:56 PM
FINO just checking your schedule allows you to only get out tomorrow? I'll plan better in advance for the next one. Have fun.

Sorry - this is developing kind of last minute and sat is the day for me. Matt has some stuff planned for Sun...see one his posts above.

jaymoto
August 11th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Understand Not a problem at all.

Eagle6
August 11th, 2017, 06:52 PM
I can't make Saturday, range day. But Sunday is a strong possibility if there are others that want to put a run together.

Spieg
August 11th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Signed up on calendar... 90% in (be there unless something delays me at work).

PhillipG65
August 11th, 2017, 08:08 PM
James, i should be ok. I have a new brace for the knee and it's not bothering me as much as the other. I just need to go .... I'm way too bored !!!!
Sat is good
That's gonna be pretty far away for me. I guess I'd better not go

RockyMtRebel
August 11th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Yea that's way too far for me (Fall river road).

hey Phillip, you wanna do Rainbow lakes to Carabou to Eldorado mountain? I'd prefer to start early as possible......the trail continues to Eldora -- however it's super narrow and tight, my big pickup isn't going down that way (did it in my '91 Range River "back in the day"

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Signed up on calendar... 90% in (be there unless something delays me at work).

Sounds good - I'll check in the morning and see how its looking for you. If you need a later start just let me know.

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2017, 09:47 PM
James, i should be ok. I have a new brace for the knee and it's not bothering me as much as the other. I just need to go .... I'm way too bored !!!!
Sat is good
That's gonna be pretty far away for me. I guess I'd better not go

Just letting you know - the Chinn's Lake/Kingston Peak run is posted on calendar. Looks like Brian has a good chance to join. Please do whatever works best for you in terms of getting out and wheeling, but just want to confirm that for us Denver residents, its not very far to Alice and Fall River Road (not to be confused with the fall river road in rocky mt national park). Maybe 30 min from the west side. Its quite a bit farther for Matt though...

PhillipG65
August 12th, 2017, 05:58 AM
You're right, when I looked up the trail name the only one that showed was Estes Park.
With the actual trail being 30 min from west side I am sure that would treat my broken body much better....lol
What time are you meeting and where

PhillipG65
August 12th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Sounds like Matt is going on Sunday, I'm a strong possibility for then as well. I will be going SAturday also to see if I can deal with it.
Lets contact Matt because that trail, Caribou looks SUPER !!!!

PhillipG65
August 12th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Yo Matt !!! I'll be going Saturday but after looking at a couple videos of Caribou, I'd like to go there on Sunday if you you still planing it !!!!
Think it's Rainbow lake / Caribou, The other part of the trail you mentioned sounds too narrow for the elephant and I. But the rest would be a real kick in the pants.....

FINOCJ
August 12th, 2017, 07:10 AM
You're right, when I looked up the trail name the only one that showed was Estes Park.
With the actual trail being 30 min from west side I am sure that would treat my broken body much better....lol
What time are you meeting and where

10am at the I-70 exit 238 just past Idaho Springs - there is a large pullout right there. Then we can decide route. If you are running late - give me a call at 832-392-0575. Oh, and there is no gas at the exit or afterwards.

PhillipG65
August 12th, 2017, 07:13 AM
ok got it. Thank you James

Spieg
August 12th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Things are good at work. Should be out by 9:00. Puts me at the meeting place by 10:00-10:15.

RockyMtRebel
August 12th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Hey Phillip, on Sunday (tomorrow) I'm actually doing Bunce school, T33a crash and Park creek trails with a couple UTVs (brother in laws family in town). I'm the only truck so you're welcome to join. I've never done the crash site or Park creek so I'm stoked ;)

today I went and did the southern loop of Pole Hill. WOW, awesome rock climbing and big views. Can't wait to go back and do the entire loop!

jaymoto
August 12th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Hey Matt. My schedule is a little uncertain at moment but I'm hoping to get out tomorrow hence why I haven't put up on calendar. So what time do you and your friends will be at trail head? If I'm up there and hoping to be I'll look for you.

RockyMtRebel
August 12th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Hey there, I'm pulling my sons '55 Jeep to Bunce trailhead (Hwy 7 & Bunce School Rd) around 8am. The UTVs might not start until around 9am - so sometime between 8-9 we should be heading out.

Look for these two rigs and you found us ;)

jaymoto
August 12th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Ok thats cool and should be doable. I'll plan on 8:30 I'll also post up in early am to keep you posted. Thanks

PhillipG65
August 13th, 2017, 06:24 AM
I probably won't make it today. I think we should get a trucking run together one of these days!! lol.
I'd be looking forward to something this coming week

RockyMtRebel
August 13th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Hey Phillip, let's do Pole Hill sometime this week! I did part of it yesterday morning and it's awesome! No tight trail issues for full size trucks like ours ;)

jaymoto
August 13th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Matt on schedule for about 8:30-9