PDA

View Full Version : Need a trailer

Chris
September 5th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have a trailer that would be willing to help me out? I need to get my daughters non-running 1958 VW bug out of her garage as part of her divorce.

I could also use a storage place for it but moving it is most important.

TIA!

RockyMtRebel
September 5th, 2017, 06:00 PM
U Haul rents them for $50/day, just in case

GPP33
September 6th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Where does she live and how long does it need to be stored?

Chris
September 6th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Where does she live and how long does it need to be stored?

Good questions Pete, unfortunately details haven’t been determined yet. We thought everything would be settled on Tuesday but someone wasn’t real cooperative. She’s in Aurora, a few miles from me. I might be able to keep it in my condo garage but since it’s not running that would be a lot of pushing. The same applies to a trailer, rentals are cheap enough but getting it on w/o a winch would be hard.

Thanks for for your interest but I guess I was premature in posting since there are still a bunch of unknowns right now.

dieseldoc
September 6th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Chris is this the better you were posting about last year?
At least I believe it was you??

Sorry that she is dealing ng with uncooperative people.
So don't get it....why folks got to make a hard situation even harder!
Ex-PITA did the same thing.....4 months to get my stuff from storage....3 times she was told by the judge to get it done!

Hope you can get it figured out.

GPP33
September 6th, 2017, 09:45 PM
I've pulled a TDI Jetta onto the trailer using ratchet straps as a come a long, as long as it has air in tires it should be easy enough. Let us know when you know more, Aurora is a haul for me but I'll help where I can.

newracer
September 6th, 2017, 10:34 PM
I have a trailer with a winch but the ramps are too steep for a VW Bug so we'd have to figure something out. I am also pretty far away so I'd like to be compensated for fuel.

Jim
September 7th, 2017, 12:11 AM
I don't have a trailer - but I can lend a hand (and have a vehicle with a tow strap to pull it onto a trailer)

FINOCJ
September 7th, 2017, 08:26 AM
I don't have a trailer - but I can lend a hand (and have a vehicle with a tow strap to pull it onto a trailer)
Same here...no trailer but can lend a hand and I am pretty close to where you all are.

Chris
September 7th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Thanks everyone!

This has been taking so long I’m apparently jumping the gun hoping to get it all resolved faster. I’m sure any of you that have been through a divorce know what it’s like. Why some people get satisfaction out of making things difficult is something I’ll probably never understand.

Getting the bug moved shouldn’t be too hard especially since the driveway slopes downhill from the garage. A strap to pull it up on a trailer should work just fine. A helping hand will be needed when I get the date and okay to go to the house to fetch it. I’ll hopefully post with some lead time to make it easier.

One last thing I’ll mention is that I don’t believe in taking advantage of anyone’s generosity and always try to compensate fairly whether in gas, beer, pizza or cash. :thumb:

dieseldoc
September 7th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Chris I would love to help out, yet work has me in Aspen for the next 2weeks.
Kinda sucks....new Jeep and can't go use it!

Chris
September 7th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Hey Brandon, you can’t let the new Jeep go unused! Sneak off to Pearl Pass, it’s close to Aspen!

dieseldoc
September 8th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Have to go back to town and get it once the dealership finishes with the warranty issues.
One rear shock got trashed with in 500 miles.
As well they didn't calibrate the speedometer and such for the tires!

So they have had all week and still not done with it!

But I do intend to grab it and come back up here.

Chinaman is like 60 miles away!

Heather
September 11th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Chris, we have a trailer, and my Chris is pretty resourceful (pulled my then-not-running BMW to Kansas and back without a winch!). Let us know if we can help, when the time comes. :)

Patrolman
September 11th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I have a tow dolly. Depending on the situation, it may be easier to use than a trailer. Requires at least 2 rolling wheels though.

Chris
September 11th, 2017, 07:50 PM
It does roll, 4 new tires but the waiting game continues. :mad:

carpenle
September 18th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Hi Chris,

I have a trailer and can help if needed.

Chris
September 18th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks Levi, hoping to have a date to move it soon.

Jim
September 18th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Hi Levi!!

Out on the trails this weekend you and your truck were on my mind - good times!

TJS86TOY
September 19th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Just saw this, me too Chris.

Heather
September 19th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Aaaand we sold our trailer. But, always willing to help!!

Chris
September 19th, 2017, 05:50 PM
LOL Heather!

The StRanger
September 19th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Sorry that my trailers broke but I can help push.
And I'm right around the corner, let me know when..

carpenle
September 21st, 2017, 08:05 AM
Hi Levi!!

Out on the trails this weekend you and your truck were on my mind - good times!

Hi Jim,

Looks like you had a great time, I am hoping to go to the clean up run. I have a few things to get done to the jeep, should be able to make it. Hope to see you there.