PDA

View Full Version : Red Cone/Webster interest for 10-7.

Getaklu
September 27th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Seemingly several people that wanted to, but were not able to make the run a couple of weeks ago, me included. Any interest in doing this on 10-7. Would like to have someone along that has done the trail. The weather looks to be reasonable, though it is a ways out and it can change in the blink of an eye. Thoughts?

PhillipG65
September 27th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Just looked at the pictures.....LOL...punn intended,
What amazing views !!!!! That would be absolutely awesome. My truck would be done...except for the bigger tires.
Think I would need them there as it has snowed from what I've heard. But could be listening to the wrong channel.
I will keep an eye on this and feel it through a little closer to date, let ya know

flashboiler
September 28th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Missed Red Cone this year. I'd be interested depending on weather. Driving down that in the wet or snow - no thanks!

Riotcake
September 28th, 2017, 06:25 PM
I was debating saving this for next year since it's starting to get cold and snowy. If we could get dry conditions I might be interested. I agree that having someone with experience on RC would be nice.

nickpgoodman
September 29th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I'd rather not take my stock GC on this trail but I'd love to ride with someone if this run happens.

Getaklu
October 1st, 2017, 02:05 PM
The snowy peaks are near Red Cone and the shot was taken Saturday. As of Sunday morning when i left the area, there was a lot more white up there. Probably prudent to hold off on going up there. The news is calling for the first "good" snow storm of the year as well.

ExplorerTom
October 2nd, 2017, 07:25 PM
Yep. I was up on Kenosha Pass on Sunday and it looks pretty snowy up there.

dieseldoc
October 3rd, 2017, 09:02 AM
Lots of snow up on the peaks.
Up by the tunnels there is close to 8"
But it's to get warm again this week.
So the weekend should be good for a trip.