PDA

View Full Version : Sun 10/22 Metberry and Longwater

FINOCJ
October 19th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Metberry and Longwater Gulches on Sunday 10/22
Tentative meeting time is 9am at the Metberry trailhead on Teller County 51 (aka Cedar Mt Rd). This time can be tweaked a bit if needed, but we would like an early start with evening darkness setting in earlier these days. Hope to run Longwater immediately afterwards.

Access along county 51 is dirt road, but lots of room to park and meet at the trailhead. There is no gas nearby the trailheads - so fill up in Divide from the south, or Sedalia from the north. I don't believe there is any gas in Deckers or Westcreek.

Weather looks good with sun and high above 50F.

Calendar Sign-up: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=916&day=2017-10-19&redirect=1

FINOCJ
October 19th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Getting things ready for Sunday. Oil change/filter today as well as front diff. Came half pint short on rear diff when refilling so need to make trip to FLAPS. Been a few years since I changed the diff fluids and did a few deeper water crossing late this summer so just in case I got any water into it. Sat will check Tranmission and TC levels (they are fresh from reinstall after the motor rebuild in spring.

JandDGreens
October 19th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I'm going to see if my wife will tag along on this one. She has actually done both trails before on separate occasions. So she knows what we are getting into.

Getaklu
October 20th, 2017, 06:47 AM
The run fell off the calendar?

Getaklu
October 20th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Found it, it was on the calendar for the 19th. I copied and pasted the info into a new entry, should now show again but will need to RSVP again.

FINOCJ
October 20th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Thanks - I didn't get it put on the right day. RSVP'd again.

Jim
October 20th, 2017, 08:12 AM
need to RSVP again.

Thanks Chris. I went to move the original event to Sunday, with the RSVP's, but in the move it seems things strip RSVP's so I deleted the original and left your recreation.

Folks should RSVP on Chris's event. New URL here:
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=917&day=2017-10-22&c=1

FINOCJ
October 21st, 2017, 10:17 AM
Planning on taking route through Sedalia via 67 to Deckers. Figure on leaving around 6:30 am here, stopping for some gas and coffee in Sedalia, and then stopping again just out of westcreek to air down a bit - I remember Cedar Mt rd being a bit washboarded. With a little luck, I'll be in Westcreek at 8:30 and to the Metberry TH at 9am.

JandDGreens
October 21st, 2017, 12:28 PM
I plan on leaving a little earlier hopefully 6 am. going the same route through Deckers probably stop at the Bathrooms near Deckers corner and disconnect my control arms there, (It take me some time to do that) then air down at the trail head with everyone else.

Getaklu
October 21st, 2017, 02:38 PM
Ditto on the Deckers route.

James, you might stop closer to 470 and 85, not sure if the two little stations in Sedalia are open in the morning.

JandDGreens
October 21st, 2017, 03:08 PM
Yeah last time we met at the station just south of C-470 That's where I'm gassing up also.

The Gobbler
October 21st, 2017, 08:48 PM
I'll be there. I'll be bringing my better half as well.