PDA

View Full Version : Sunday wheelin' anyone?

RockyMtRebel
October 24th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Looks to be a bit cold but I need to do some wheelin'.....

Anyone going out this weekend?

JandDGreens
October 24th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Boy I wish, I cashed in a lot of favors to go last week???? Hope you can get something going.

Java
October 24th, 2017, 10:04 PM
probably going down to fourmile for the day, doing a big loop of 311 / 309 / 376 / check out 376B / 375 / 373 / 311 across and back out. Easy stuff mostly. It's one of my favorite areas in Colorado, and the trails are mostly sand and smooth dirt, so not the typical banging around on Colorado rocks.

http://garna.org/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fourmile-Brochure-FINAL-4.26.17-web.pdf

PhillipG65
October 24th, 2017, 10:19 PM
probably going down to fourmile for the day, doing a big loop of 311 / 309 / 376 / check out 376B / 375 / 373 / 311 across and back out. Easy stuff mostly. It's one of my favorite areas in Colorado, and the trails are mostly sand and smooth dirt, so not the typical banging around on Colorado rocks.

http://garna.org/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fourmile-Brochure-FINAL-4.26.17-web.pdf

Looks like some great trails. For me to get there it would take awhile because I would need to stop a couple times on the way there to shake out my legs
What time and where would you want to meet

PhillipG65
October 24th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Looks to be a bit cold but I need to do some wheelin'.....

Anyone going out this weekend?

I was hoping to get out on Sunday!!!
Paul wants to go down south west but being a couple hours drive I would go just have to stop every 45 minutes or so to shake out my legs
Where would you wanna be going?? Maybe a little closer ??
I am eager to go somewhere

JandDGreens
October 24th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Actually The Gulches are just as far as Four Mile would be 2-1/4 hrs to get to them as well???

JandDGreens
October 24th, 2017, 11:01 PM
I would love to check out 4-mile to see what dispersed camping t has to offer, so that I can plan some run in the St.Elmo/Tincup area wished I could go down before the weather turns and they start closing the gate on the private side.

PhillipG65
October 24th, 2017, 11:13 PM
Actually The Gulches are just as far as Four Mile would be 2-1/4 hrs to get to them as well???

And pretty far for Matt to go.
I just have to stop on my way to anywhere farther that one hour from home, so I just need to plan myself earlier to allow for more frequent stops along the way to and from the trail
I am still willing and able !!!!!!
Both look fun fun so I'd go to either !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJS86TOY
October 25th, 2017, 06:38 AM
I have been wanting to explore that area (4 mile) for a while However, have a dinner on Sunday.

RockyMtRebel
October 25th, 2017, 07:47 AM
I'm hoping to do something a little closer, thinking Pickle Gulch, Middle St Vrain - Coney Flats, Gordon Gulch-Gold Hill, or something else not too far from Boulder/Longmont

Java
October 25th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Still just a probably for fourmile, but you don't need a group to explore it- aside from 376 most of it is easy.

this is a cool dispersed site there, 311F IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNnm7ekdt0

open_circuit
October 25th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Sunday four mile sounds interesting if I'm not doing stuff with family.

PhillipG65
October 25th, 2017, 08:31 AM
I'm hoping to do something a little closer, thinking Pickle Gulch, Middle St Vrain - Coney Flats, Gordon Gulch-Gold Hill, or something else not too far from Boulder/Longmont

Yo Matt !!!!
I am always willing to do Pickle Gulch, I haven't been on any of the others you mentioned but I'm game to join up with you
Sunday sure seems like the best day weather wise but also sunny only cooler on Saturday, SSSoooo which ever would work
I have a CB to make it easier to meet up
Lets plan it out and hopefully more will come........LOL

RockyMtRebel
October 25th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Phillip, you haven't done MSV-Coney yet?

Probably one of, if not the best route in the Peak to Peak area. I'd be up for this trail if your interested....

PhillipG65
October 25th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Phillip, you haven't done MSV-Coney yet?

Probably one of, if not the best route in the Peak to Peak area. I'd be up for this trail if your interested....

Nope, Matt, I haven't made that run
I am game for it
Sounds like it will be s great fun day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be looking forward to running this trail

RockyMtRebel
October 25th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Sweet, and we finally will get to meet!

I'll post up the event

Swank1975
October 25th, 2017, 07:51 PM
We're wanting to do something on Sunday. I'd prefer something closer to Denver as we'll be out Saturday night at a Halloween party so if I can avoid getting up at 5:00am that would be swell. :)

PhillipG65
October 25th, 2017, 08:12 PM
We're wanting to do something on Sunday. I'd prefer something closer to Denver as we'll be out Saturday night at a Halloween party so if I can avoid getting up at 5:00am that would be swell. :)

maybe we can talk Matt into a little later start???
I am going with him for sure and would like to meet more people ffrom fr4x4 !!!

PhillipG65
October 25th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Sweet, and we finally will get to meet!

I'll post up the event

Looking forward to this run and meeting you.
But maybe it would be possible to meet up a little later??

RockyMtRebel
October 25th, 2017, 09:12 PM
What time are ya thinking?

PhillipG65
October 25th, 2017, 09:28 PM
What time are ya thinking?

9:30 ?
Mike seems like he wants to go to but is gonna be up late SAt
So maybe e should find out when is good for them??
I'll be good at any time
Should be getting my new tires tomarrow

RockyMtRebel
October 26th, 2017, 07:05 AM
That's fine with me

PhillipG65
October 26th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Cool deal Matt, Thank you
It'll end up being a little easier on me also
I will be stopping once on the way there but I should be right on time or a bit early

RockyMtRebel
October 26th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I changed the meeting time to 9:30 on the calendar event also! Mike, will you be able to make it? Would love to see the Rover

Swank1975
October 26th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Oh man. Let me verify with the wife for sure. I did find out that the party is tomorrow night (now I'm rushing my Krampus costume prep) to be ready on time. So the meet up time isn't as critical. The wife has to sew up our grandson's pumpkin costume for Tuesday. I may still come either way with our 17 year old son as he's off work and is dying to go wheeling.

PhillipG65
October 26th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Oh man. Let me verify with the wife for sure. I did find out that the party is tomorrow night (now I'm rushing my Krampus costume prep) to be ready on time. So the meet up time isn't as critical. The wife has to sew up our grandson's pumpkin costume for Tuesday. I may still come either way with our 17 year old son as he's off work and is dying to go wheeling.

Hey Mike , Matt changed the meet time to 9:30
Try to be sure to rsvp on the calender , it is posted there
Look forward to meeting you