PDA

View Full Version : New Year Day Northern run -- Fort Collins to Boulder areas?

RockyMtRebel
December 31st, 2017, 10:15 AM
Last minute but anyone in the northern area wanna get out tomorrow for some New Year Day wheelin? Sevenmile sounds fun, and from recent report (Christmas run) it's mostly dry, quiet and fun! Not sure if Kelly Flats is open but I know that's in the area too ;)

Im also up for any other ideas in the Fort Collins to Boulder area mountains..... ANYTHING!! anyone??

RockyMtRebel
December 31st, 2017, 10:22 AM
Shoot, meant to post this in Trail Planning.... Jim if you are awake can you move this? Oh, and you should do Sevenmile with me tomorrow ;)

Jim
December 31st, 2017, 10:44 AM
Thread moved though sadly my Jeep hasn't moved in 3 months. It needs, again, brake work. I'm thinking one of the rear calipurs is at-issue and I've been putting it off. No go for me though I hope you get out and have some fun!

JPSCRAWLER
December 31st, 2017, 10:50 AM
Hey Matt. How about today?! Anywhere around home...PIckle gulch, Bunce, Miller ???

RockyMtRebel
December 31st, 2017, 12:04 PM
Can't today, plans with the fam...... any of the above tomorrow ;)

JPSCRAWLER
December 31st, 2017, 02:09 PM
Work tomorrow but soon though

RockyMtRebel
December 31st, 2017, 09:04 PM
Well looks like I'm solo wheelin tomorrow - probably will run Bunce and Ironclads, maybe do Miller Rock or Dry St Vrain since these are all close to home and open year round.

Jim
December 31st, 2017, 10:12 PM
Looking forward to some pix - snow depth stuff.

Enjoy some solitude!

JPSCRAWLER
January 1st, 2018, 05:09 PM
Thanks for coming out guys. Was a great time! Was cool hooking up with the east coasters. Phillip ... great job with the elephant today! Jim, as per your question...deep and getting deeper everyday. Anyone going to the area should be well prepared and equipped. Rescue list in tow. Philip let me know when and where you post the pics and vids from the day. Asap 🤣

Jim
January 1st, 2018, 05:25 PM
Philip let me know when and where you post the pics and vids from the day. Asap

You can upload pix directly to the forum - but they need to be properly sized first. Otherwise, you can upload them to a hosting service and link to them in a post here.

www.FrontRange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?25675-Photo-Resizing (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?25675-Photo-Resizing)

RockyMtRebel
January 1st, 2018, 06:05 PM
Thanks for joining us JP, was a blast! I'll post a couple videos but I didn't get much footage - phone was full ;-/

RockyMtRebel
January 1st, 2018, 06:12 PM
The elephant is the only rig that didn't get stuck in the snow :)

JPSCRAWLER
January 1st, 2018, 07:12 PM
Hard to stop an Elephant!