PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for LJ owners

Spieg
January 19th, 2018, 07:04 PM
I need to know how large of a footprint will fit in the cargo area between the front seats to the tail gate (in other words, how long of a box can you carry with the rear seat removed?). Can one of our LJ owners make a measurement for me?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
January 19th, 2018, 07:16 PM
One measurement you might wish to also add: How tall of a box will you wish in there??? With the back slant of the front seats a shorter box can be longer.

Perhaps I'm nit-picking but it's a variable my mind hits on.

Brian
January 19th, 2018, 07:39 PM
I'm getting ~48 inches from tailgate to the back of the front seats. This is with the front seats all the way back so you could get a little more room with the seats pulled forward some more.

HTH

open_circuit
January 19th, 2018, 07:41 PM
My rear seat is installed and I have a Bestop insta-trunk in the back blocking the floor, so I had to hold the tape over the rear seat & trunk. That said, it looks like ~ 4'3" from the center console vertical section to the tailgate on mine. This assumes you put your box on top of the cup holders and butt it up to the console. I could be off by a couple inches since I can't easily stop the tape at the inside of the tailgate with my trunk box in the way.

Spieg
January 19th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Good point... Was thinking as tall as the roll bar as that is the vertical limiting factor. So to be more specific - with the seats all the way back, but not reclining (if TJ/LJ seats can recline?).

Brian
January 19th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Mine are 1 "click" reclined, so prolly negligible gain if it was straight up.