PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Runs

Chris
June 6th, 2008, 12:23 PM
It's my observation that the vast majority of us really enjoy wheeling whether or not it's an organized run or simply getting out somewhere locally at the spur of the moment.

I'd like to suggest everyone post when they decide on any given day that they're going to run such and such trail the next day or so and anyone else interested could quickly decide to go along.

In other words, there are not enough runs being posted even though people are doing them. Yes, I know that sometimes people don't want to wheel with a bigger group and that's fine too.

Just a thought now that I'll soon be wheeling again!

:2thumbs:

Pathrat
June 7th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Good suggestion. This is the kind of thing I do during the summer- take off and go.

DETN8R
June 7th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Spontaneous Runs? I hate those....er.. Oh you mean wheeling. Yeah sounds like a good idea. If there spontaneity leaves enough time to post then sure.

Chris
June 8th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Spontaneous Runs? I hate those....er.. Oh you mean wheeling.

:lol: I don't think I'll ever use that phrase again.

Yeah sounds like a good idea. If there spontaneity leaves enough time to post then sure.

Yeah, I'm thinking of something like a post on a Friday saying "Thinking of wheeling such and such this weekend" and see if anybody wants to join assuming you want that.

There have been a few references to people learning the hard way that sometimes wheeling alone isn't always a good thing.

spacely
June 8th, 2008, 09:03 PM
:lol: I don't think I'll ever use that phrase again.

Yeah, I'm thinking of something like a post on a Friday saying "Thinking of wheeling such and such this weekend" and see if anybody wants to join assuming you want that.

There have been a few references to people learning the hard way that sometimes wheeling alone isn't always a good thing.

heheh...I used to belong to a club that called them pop-up runs, but that was in Missouri so since there aren't as many trails there, they'd just say "meet at the Quikmart in Potosi at 10AM" and then we'd go from there...

Funrover
June 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I post up most of the time!

SCRubicon
June 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM
It seems most of my (trail :D) runs are spur of the moment - decided that day type things. But, I do enjoy organized group outings too.

Brody
June 10th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Steve-keep me in mind for the spontaneous runs, especially if you are doing one in the Fairplay/Jefferson area during the week after work. I am going to do a run of Twin Cone tomorrow evening after work, probably getting to the trailhead about 5 or 5:15. We are working just down the road from Jefferson-a right turn on County Road 35 then a left on 286 (486?)to the ESHE Ranch Property. The house(monster-it is 10,00sf) is at the end of the road.

If you want, come down to the property before 5 or try to hook up at the trailhead. I will have phone service this evening-either my cell, 303-507-3066, or Western Inn in Fairplay, room 14, or my e-mail, peterbrody4@brody4.cnc.net and can get back to you.

Are you going on the Ladies Run ride? Do you want to hook up with Tye, Pathrat and us at my house at 7? Tye lives down the road from you on 7th and Indiana just behind Stevenson's Toyota. We are convoying form my house if you are interested.