PDA

View Full Version : 3/11-3/17 Moab or St. George Feelers 3-4day trip

ILuvtheMountains
February 9th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone!
I am on spring break and I just got my truck back from the body shop, am getting ready to put new tires on her, and am already thinking about getting them dirty.

A couple years back we got a small crew together for an amazing time in Moab. I am seeing if anyone has time and interest in making another trip west for a few days in Mid-March. I am a teacher and will be on spring break from 3/11-3/17. I am planning on bringing my family (wife, 2 kiddos: 4 and 5).
My truck is capable, I did Hell's Revenge and did ALL optional obstacles (the gate, escalator, tippy challenge), and have done lots of other burly trails in Moab. I would be interested in going back to Moab, but have also heard great things about St. George and am always game for new terrain.

Anyway, just wanting to see if anyone has time because I don't like wheeling alone and don't want to hang out at trailheads waiting for a group with whom to tag along.

Respond on here or message me with any comments, ideas, or whatever!

Getaklu
February 9th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Would enjoy this type of trip and I am sure my daughter (6) would enjoy meeting and hanging out with yours. Her break is the following week unfortunately. Maybe next round, but would like to have the kids meet on another run sometime just the same.

Jim
February 9th, 2018, 11:41 PM
I'm a maybe!

ILuvtheMountains
February 9th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Would enjoy this type of trip and I am sure my daughter (6) would enjoy meeting and hanging out with yours. Her break is the following week unfortunately. Maybe next round, but would like to have the kids meet on another run sometime just the same.
Oh man, she would love that! I’m sure we will meet up this summer, we plan to get out a lot.

ILuvtheMountains
February 9th, 2018, 11:59 PM
I'm a maybe!
It would be great to get back out there with you, Jim! Regardless I’m sure I’ll see you on at least a run this year.

open_circuit
February 10th, 2018, 10:44 AM
That'd be fun, but my kids don't go on spring break until the 26th. I don't think a vacation right before spring break will work out.

RockyMtRebel
February 14th, 2018, 08:28 AM
I'm definitely interested in a couple Moab trips this year but unfortunately these dates don't work for me.....

ILuvtheMountains
February 14th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Well thatnks for the interest, guys. I will probably still try to go around this time, but it might be a mountain bike/hiking vacation instead! Please, if anyone else finds time or interest (probably need both), let me know, I still would love some company so we can wheel!

FINOCJ
February 14th, 2018, 09:12 AM
I have tentative moab wheeling plans for april 5-8. If it falls through - should know this weekend - I would be interested in march trip. My high school doesnt go on spring break till the end of the month so would just be a long weekend.

dieseldoc
February 15th, 2018, 06:21 AM
let me know if you decide on Saint George.
I have friends there they will take you to the good trails.
Victor is very good people.
He needs some trail time in his buggy to so it would be good for both of you.

ILuvtheMountains
February 16th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Brandon I have been thinking about St. George ever since I first heard you suggest there over Moab. I have watched a few videos and I just hope that there is stuff that isn't so hardcore that my rig won't make it! I saw a video of a buggy going through Snake Pit and that was intense!!! Seems like a really well-kept secret, or just hard to get popularity with Moab around.
I will definitely be in touch about it. I haven't found anyone with real interest yet, but that won't probably stop me, especially since I may have a cool guy with a buggy as a guide!

let me know if you decide on Saint George.
I have friends there they will take you to the good trails.
Victor is very good people.
He needs some trail time in his buggy to so it would be good for both of you.

dieseldoc
February 16th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Look at the sand hallow area.
Lot of lower on the scale stuff.

Java
February 17th, 2018, 06:23 AM
St. George is blowing up as we speak. Google "St.George Utah Hotel Boom".

dieseldoc
February 17th, 2018, 07:02 AM
There blowing up again for sure.
Vic can't keep the guys he hires

There unemployment is super low