PDA

View Full Version : Mid Week Wheeling

Riotcake
February 26th, 2018, 11:45 AM
First off, wasn't sure where to post so please move if there's a more appropriate forum.

Very soon I will finally be working my dream job of becoming a State Park Ranger. But unfortunately this means I'll basically never get weekends off. :frown::frown::frown::frown:

I figured that I'd probably be running with a different group of members on mid-week runs. So, where are y'all at? Where do you like to wheel? What's your favorite color? Etc.

Cheers!

FINOCJ
February 26th, 2018, 01:10 PM
I love to wheel weekdays once the school year is over starting in June and going into Aug - there are a couple other of us that get out on weekdays quite a bit as well. There used to be a weekday wheeling thread in the Planning Trail runs section - although its probably pretty dated at this point.

FINOCJ
February 26th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Here is one from Matt for weekday afterwork runs in the Peak to Peak area
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?26035-Weekday-afternoon-evening-runs

Here is the one I was thinking of - its been dead for awhile though...
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?23233-Yearly-quot-Weekday-Run-Invitation-quot-thread

Riotcake
February 26th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Oh ok, sorry I missed those. Maybe we should try to get a new weekday warriors thread going.

I'm excited to do weekday runs in the summer since there will be less traffic both in and off the trails.

FINOCJ
February 26th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Sounds good! Start a new thread in the Planning section.

RockyMtRebel
February 26th, 2018, 06:28 PM
I will be down for occasional mid-week wheelin! Best part of being my own boss ;)

TNTJ05
February 27th, 2018, 06:22 PM
I'm available for mid-week, as well.

dieseldoc
February 27th, 2018, 09:02 PM
tyler congrats on the job!

Heather
February 28th, 2018, 06:33 AM
x2 congrats on the job! it's my understanding that those jobs aren't easy to get. (Also, I'd love to take a day off occasionally mid-week (if PTO balance allows) to get some wheeling in, to avoid the crowds, etc.)

Riotcake
February 28th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Thank you! :D I'm very excited about it haha.

I'll start a new thread in the trail run planning forum like James suggested to get more visibility.

FINOCJ
May 25th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Tyler - I will be done with work next wed, so I should have some mid-week days to get out if your schedule is still the same.

Brucker
May 26th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Since I work 7 days a week normally, I can usually be talked into a mid week run with a little advanced notice. I tend to be a fan of the "harder" trails (7+), and am not too fond of groups with more than 2-3 other rigs. So if anyone is searching for a mid week day of fun down at Indy, or BV, just let me know.

Riotcake
May 27th, 2018, 11:45 PM
It looks like I will have Tuesday and Wednesday off pretty much every week. I'd be happy to put some runs together, although this week will be a no go for me. Aaron I'd be happy to wheel with you, I prefer smaller groups as well. Although I tend to be more comfortable in the mid range trails 4-7s. My Jeep is my daily and I cant a Ford to be breaking stuff haha

FINOCJ
May 28th, 2018, 04:42 PM
It looks like I will have Tuesday and Wednesday off pretty much every week. I'd be happy to put some runs together, although this week will be a no go for me. Aaron I'd be happy to wheel with you, I prefer smaller groups as well. Although I tend to be more comfortable in the mid range trails 4-7s. My Jeep is my daily and I cant a Ford to be breaking stuff haha

Sounds good - I am traveling a bunch this summer, at least for the next 6 weeks or so, but post up when you are available and interested and we'll see what we can find.

Jim
May 28th, 2018, 05:28 PM
With a 3 or 4 days notice I can schedule a day of hooky.

UncleDon
August 3rd, 2018, 04:16 PM
Retired so week day four wheelin sounds goo. But...Won't be available till this fall, October even.

Mobyjeep
August 4th, 2018, 07:22 AM
I’m always down to do a Tuesday or Wednesday run

Riotcake
August 4th, 2018, 09:42 AM
I made this post at the begining of the season only to find out that I have been a lot busier than I thought I'd be. It should be slowing down here now that school is atarting again. I hope to get some runs on the calendar soon.