PDA

View Full Version : Miller Rock on Sunday

RockyMtRebel
April 5th, 2018, 07:21 PM
I’ve been working on the Jeep, replaced the tie rod that connects the drag link to the pitman arm last night and I’m waiting for a new tie rod with both ends to show up tomorrow so I can replace my bent tie rod on Saturday.

if all goes well I wanna run Miller Rock on Sunday - anyone wanna join me? It’s not for most stock vehicles - and there are some obstacles that quite challenging - it’s one of my favorite trail systems with quite a few beautiful camp spots or picnics areas!

Heather
April 5th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Possibly!! Probably!!! OMG!!

RockyMtRebel
April 6th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Weather permitting, that is! If we get a ton of snow today this might not be a good trail but lets play it by ear......

Java
April 6th, 2018, 12:08 PM
maybe.......

Heather
April 6th, 2018, 04:06 PM
maybe.......
Yay!!

Max
April 6th, 2018, 08:13 PM
I read you guys were sliding around in the snow some last time, true?

RockyMtRebel
April 6th, 2018, 08:33 PM
A little sliding but it was pretty dry - I’ve got about 6” of snow so far but when I passed on the way up Miller rock didn’t get much snow. I’ll scout it tomorrow to see if it looks doable.... as long as my post office has my tie rod. They didn’t deliver today because of the snow ;-/

RockyMtRebel
April 7th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Not looking very likely that this will happen - got more snow than expected and that’s good cuz we really need it!
ill post up an update later today

RockyMtRebel
April 7th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Ok I’m planning on running this tomorrow, it’ll probably be wet and a little snowy but it’s been pretty sunny all day today and I got my tie rod and all the ends installed and greased! My old one was a little bent and the drivers side knuckle tie rod end was also bend! Removing the TREs was more of a pain in the ass than I hoped but glad it’s done.

Whos interested in running Miller Rock and what time do y’all wanna meet???

Max
April 7th, 2018, 05:35 PM
I haven't been to Miller rock in a while. Are you sure it's good to go with the amount of snow there?

RockyMtRebel
April 7th, 2018, 06:26 PM
The hard obstacles might not be doable if they’re wet but I think the rest of the trails would be fun also! And I think 90% of the trail will be doable. The shady area might have some snow but it’s been raining for the last few hours and it’s melted most of the snow at my place already. When me and Maverick went a couple weeks ago it was almost completely dry and we really didn’t get enough that worries me. You’re beast will have no problem ;)

Heather
April 7th, 2018, 06:56 PM
We're looking at the mountains now, and it looks like they're getting hammered...is it snowing up there, or still rain?

Jim
April 7th, 2018, 07:02 PM
The hard obstacles might not be doable if they’re wet

That's pretty much just the off camber tippy dead end spur down to the creek crossing, yes? What other spots might be too difficult?

RockyMtRebel
April 7th, 2018, 08:55 PM
It’s raining lightly, no snow at all... too warm.

Yes Jim, that tippy section that leads to creek crossing is the hard part!! You coming out tomorrow??

posting something up now

Jim
April 7th, 2018, 09:31 PM
No, and I kept my mouth shut about being on the fence. Working on the rear brakes on the jeep tonight. Sound levels control person at 11:30am Mass tomorrow - so that's my schedule for tomorrow.

I do wish to visit all of Dry St. Vrain and all of the "north end" dead enders of Miller Rock this season.

Most Miller trips are in and out the south through the camp with one visit to the creek and one short visit to the main north/northwest trail (ending at private prop). The north east trails have yet to be fully explored.

Have a good time tomorrow!!

Heather
April 7th, 2018, 09:32 PM
We may, if we're up in time. What time are you thinking of being at the trailhead?

RockyMtRebel
April 7th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Was thinking around 11 but I’m flexible, afternoon run works for me too

Java
April 8th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I've already committed to a hike or I'd go. I was in White Ranch Park yesterday and aside from a few patches the trails were snow free, just a little muddy, probably not too bad at Miller Rock either.

RockyMtRebel
April 8th, 2018, 10:00 AM
LAST CALL!!! Beautiful day up in th hills, sunny but windy! Should be a fun run..... I’ll be at meeting spot at 11am and will head to the trailhead at 11:15-11:30 (after airing down since trailhead is at someone’s house ;)

Heather
April 8th, 2018, 10:31 AM
We're on way - just gassed in Boulder.