PDA

View Full Version : CO 4x4 Resue and Recovery a PAID membership club?

Max
April 21st, 2018, 10:40 AM
Come on. I thought the whole point is volunteering and helping people out. Are so many people clawing to go help someone that is stuck, that you have to pay for the privilege to do it now? Haha!

http://co4x4rnr.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=10369&module_id=280052&sl=872608924

newracer
April 21st, 2018, 01:14 PM
They were pushed in this direction because they now have agreements with most of the counties and S&R groups. Members will also have to have background checks very soon. Basically it has evolved from an informal group of people helping each other out to a full blown non-profit organization.

ColoJeeper
April 21st, 2018, 02:32 PM
Wish them luck. I'm not interested in paying to volunteer my time and equipment with no recompense for broken or lost equipment or coverage in case of an accident, in fact having to sign a liability waiver before going to assist on a recovery. Might be for some folks, but not my thing.

Jim
April 21st, 2018, 02:48 PM
As it seems they're looking to jump the gap between assorted independent volunteering persons and a formal business entity I'm curious as to how they handle their business setup (LLC - 501, etc) and liability for the club and each member.

newracer
April 21st, 2018, 03:10 PM
They have already jumped, they are a 501c3.

Java
April 21st, 2018, 08:29 PM
I think the fee is a weed-out thing too, only serious people will pay to play. They talk about it in the FAQ section, and tell you where the money goes.