PDA

View Full Version : St Elmo General Store trail status

Tom
May 22nd, 2018, 05:13 PM
Hancock - you can get to the town site of Hancock.
Tincup - you can get to treeline.
Grizzly - you can get to the lake

JandDGreens
May 22nd, 2018, 06:06 PM
I'm hoping to go up there this summer to do a overnighter camping near Tincup so as to make sure I'm fully prepared for the week end in the the Alpine loop area in August. It won't be long maybe a couple weeks???

Tom
May 22nd, 2018, 07:47 PM
I'm hoping to go up there this summer to do a overnighter camping near Tincup so as to make sure I'm fully prepared for the week end in the the Alpine loop area in August. It won't be long maybe a couple weeks???
Jim, I and my nephew ran tincup pass and napoleon pass then spent the night in Gunnison before heading to Lake City for Engineers pass and numerous others in the San Juans. Just saying you could do both in one trip.

JandDGreens
May 22nd, 2018, 07:54 PM
Yeah but the first trip I took to the tincup/hancock pass area the group I was with raced through it all. I want to take my time and on the way home spend the evening at Mnt. Prinstance's with my wife adult side swim to clean-up and enjoy the evening...... She deserves that after a weekend of bouncing around in my rig!!!!

goSlo
May 23rd, 2018, 08:16 AM
Twice I've been to that first obstacle at Grizzly, but always by myself so I don't try it
Really looking forward to seeing that lake one day!

Brian
May 23rd, 2018, 08:53 AM
Colorado Off Road Enterprise (CORE) just placed two winch anchors at Grizzly Lake. Still won't be easy but should help if you try it alone again.