PDA

View Full Version : China Wall Anniversary Run - Food Planning - June 23, 2018

Jackie
May 23rd, 2018, 07:43 PM
OK friends, this will be the spot to let us know what you might bring to the Anniversary run on China Wall, June 23. It's a pot luck, so whatever you want to bring is fine and if you only intend to bring your own lunch, that's fine too. On the list below, I will add your user name and any info you share. Please be sure to include the number of people in your party so we can get a good head-count and also tell what food items or other items you will bring. To begin this spreadsheet, I just counted one person per vehicle, so please post up and I will correct it. An easy way to let me know how many people to include would be to simply post "I'll be there with wife and 2 kids" (that makes 4). Also let me know how much food you will be bringing, for example "16 hot dogs and buns".

I'll try to update this chart daily. Here is the spreadsheet so far:

RSVP'D Yes:
HEAD COUNT
MEAT
BREAD
SIDE DISH
FRUIT VEGGIES
CHIPS/DIP
CHEESE
WATER/SODA
DESSERTS
CONDIMENTS
UTENSILS
STOVE/GRILL
PROPANE/CHARCOAL
TABLES/CHAIRS
GARBAGE BAGS
OTHER

Dieseldoc

Fruit plate

grill top for fire pit

Getaklu

3 bags chips

Case water

GoSlo
2 pks burgers & brats
buns

condiments

Jackie
Brown bag lunches (12)

Watermelon slices

2 burner stove
Propane
Table

Jeff M.

Mac or potato salad

GPP33
1 plus assorted friends

Not planning on lunch with group

Jim

Plates/bowls/cutlery

Igrock
1 pk burgers/dogs
Buns

Drinks

Condiments

2 burner stove

Table

AF Kory

Pea salad

JanDGreens
Cocktail sandwiches

Propane fire pit
Propane
2 tables

TNTJ05

Brownies

dwine

toycoma97

Cookies
Cheese slices

kfm1961

open circuit

Propane stove

table

Tazer

djawg33

on own for lunch

TOTAL

Jackie
May 23rd, 2018, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure what food I want to bring yet, but I'll think of something and post up! I can bring my camp stove and small table though if needed.

Getaklu
May 23rd, 2018, 08:11 PM
Thanks for getting this started. I will be there with my wife and daughter, we will plan on bringing a case of water and 3 bags of chips for now.

Jackie
May 24th, 2018, 04:13 PM
I decided to do a repeat of what I did several years ago. I'll bring some brown bag lunches (PBJ sandwiches, single serve chips and cookies for the kids or for grab-n-go at the end of the day). Was a hit the first time, so I'll do it again.:p I'll also bring watermelon instead of apples this time.

Jim
May 24th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Jackie to the rescue!

Put me down as 1

I have a large amount of plates, bowls, silverware left over from last year. They'll fit right in for this year.

goSlo
May 25th, 2018, 06:41 AM
I should have my 13 yro daughter and wifey with me.
Will bring 2 packs of burgers and 2 packs of brats.
Bread and Condiments as well.

Jackie
May 25th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I should have my 13 yro daughter and wifey with me.
Will bring 2 packs of burgers and 2 packs of brats.
Bread and Condiments as well.

Aaron - I'm planning on bringing Annika (also 13) with me! I'm going to let her take the wheel on the dirt "road" at the end of the trail and get another driving lesson! Maybe your girl would like to try too!

goSlo
May 25th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Aaron - I'm planning on bringing Annika (also 13) with me! I'm going to let her take the wheel on the dirt "road" at the end of the trail and get another driving lesson! Maybe your girl would like to try too!

That's an awesome idea Jackie!

Momma said if I mention that to (Eryn) she'll definitely want to join! Sounds like a good time!

Jake
May 28th, 2018, 09:13 PM
I plan to be there with my 3 yr old son (2 people total). We will have 2 burner stove, propane and table. Will bring a couple trash bags, too.

Jackie
May 29th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I plan to be there with my 3 yr old son
Thanks Jake! Be sure to change your status from "maybe" to "Yes" on the calendar.

Jeff M.
May 30th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Looks like we need some macaroni or potato salad. I'll bring enough for all.

Igrok
May 31st, 2018, 10:50 AM
I'll have wife and son (11 yrs old) - will bring table, 2 burner stove, 1 pack of burgers, 1 pack of Dogs, bread for each, condiments, and drinks. ( I can pack a LOT in the LJ :D)

Maverick1872
June 1st, 2018, 02:09 PM
I may be bringing one more. Unknown if he'll be able to as of yet. I'll have my Trasharoo with plenty of garbage bags for all though. I second Jeff in regards to the side items. I can bring something like baked beans if everyone is good with that. I'm open to whatever though.

AF_Kory
June 4th, 2018, 10:10 PM
My family (me, wife, and 3 kids) will be supplying our own food as we are celiac/gluten free. Wife will make her legendary Pea Salad though to share with the group! I'll also have my toy hauler and will be camping Friday night.

SOS-1999TJ
June 5th, 2018, 01:53 PM
I will be there with +2 (Wife and Mother). Coming up Friday afternoon. I can bring hotdogs and brat's. Let me know if there I anything else needed.

Jackie
June 5th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Thanks everyone! Is anyone planning on bringing charcoal and/or a grill? Also for those that haven't decided on something to bring, you might want to consider a desert or fruit of some kind (just a couple suggestions at this point).:)

Getaklu
June 5th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Good question Jackie. Currently the forest service and Park county have fire bans in place. If they still are then, only gas grills will be allowed.

SOS-1999TJ
June 6th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Mo worries Jackie, I will bring a small weber propane grill. I have plenty of storage space in my RV, let me know anything else is needed.

Jackie
June 6th, 2018, 04:45 PM
If there is a fire ban, between the 3 stoves promised so far plus Steven's small gas grill, we can make do if we have to. I guess all we can do is watch and wait at this point.

KFM1961
June 7th, 2018, 08:09 AM
We'll bring stuff for sandwiches and trash bags. Maybe some other items as we think of them.

JandDGreens
June 12th, 2018, 01:32 AM
Just me this time. I'll bring a platter of cocktail sandwiches (King Soopers) to tide some over until the good tuff is grilled and a propane fire pit fresh tank for camping. (better than nothing).

Jackie
June 12th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Thanks David! Sounds like a good idea!

Jackie
June 12th, 2018, 04:49 PM
FYI, I have a flat giddle plate that I usually pack with my stove, We can use it to fry up burgers, brats, dogs etc. if need be. If anyone has a cast iron frying pan, that could work too in a pinch. The fire activity right now is pretty worrisome.

Tom
June 12th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Boulder county west of Boulder city limits to the continental divide now has a fire/shooting ban even for stoves and chainsaws. Only exception is fs maintained campgrounds with fs built fire pits. I would certainly double check with the fs just before heading out. Fine in Boulder county is $1000.

Jackie
June 13th, 2018, 04:56 PM
WOW! Hopefully we'll get some rain this week and it will help calm things down. We just have to wait and see.:erm:

TNTJ05
June 13th, 2018, 08:59 PM
It'll be Maria and I, and we'll be bringing some brownies.

Jackie
June 14th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Yum! Thanks Erik and Maria!

toycoma97
June 18th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Just me. I'll be bringing some sliced cheese for burgers and sandwiches and an assortment of cookies for dessert.

Jackie
June 18th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Sounds good Scott. Thanks!

KFM1961
June 19th, 2018, 04:44 PM
We'll bring stuff for sandwiches and trash bags. Maybe some other items as we think of them.

Unfortunately we will not be making it on this trail run.
Life gets in the way of screw-off time.
☹️

SOS-1999TJ
June 20th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Hail Storm got me yesterday, work got my today. I will not be able to make the trip. Everyone have a great time - I will try to make the next one.

dieseldoc
June 20th, 2018, 09:44 PM
update head count,
Therese is coming
plus one jeep Stephen

Bringing large fruit plate

As well have a grill top for the fire pit

JandDGreens
June 21st, 2018, 07:24 AM
I can't wait!!!!! It will be nice to see Therese

Jake
June 21st, 2018, 08:09 AM
I plan to be there with my 3 yr old son (2 people total). We will have 2 burner stove, propane and table. Will bring a couple trash bags, too.

Sry, not gonna be able to make it. Thanks.

Jeff M.
June 21st, 2018, 04:27 PM
Sorry all, A personal matter came up and I won't be able to get down there. Hope you all have a great time.

Jackie
June 21st, 2018, 04:28 PM
Sorry to see that a couple members had to cxl. You'll be missed guys!

At this time we have no propane grill promised, but we still have two propane stoves and two tables coming. Anyone know what the fire ban is for that county now that we've had a little rain? If we can't light up a stove, then there isn't really a reason to bring them (or meat and dogs etc.) A complete fire ban could change a lot of things on our pot-luck list.

Getaklu
June 21st, 2018, 04:50 PM
Stage 1 restrictions so propane is allowed.

http://parkco.us/DocumentCenter/View/2918/Forest-Order---USDA-Forest-Service-Fire-Restrictions

TNTJ05
June 21st, 2018, 04:52 PM
Sorry to see that a couple members had to cxl. You'll be missed guys!

At this time we have no propane grill promised, but we still have two propane stoves and two tables coming. Anyone know what the fire ban is for that county now that we've had a little rain? If we can't light up a stove, then there isn't really a reason to bring them (or meat and dogs etc.) A complete fire ban could change a lot of things on our pot-luck list.

Looking like stage 1 fire restrictions for that area/county. https://www.parkco.us/AlertCenter.aspx?AID=Stage-I-Fire-Restrictions-Clear-Creek-Ra-29

open_circuit
June 21st, 2018, 04:53 PM
We'll bring a camp stove as long as fire restrictions allow. Still figuring out what else to bring

JandDGreens
June 21st, 2018, 05:09 PM
I will load my small grill for the BBQ part of things.

Jackie
June 21st, 2018, 05:20 PM
Thanks Trent!

It looks like we need more tables if anyone else has one. Mine is only 2'x4'. Not a lot of room if someone is going to use it to cook on. We'll need tables to set all the sandwiches and sides etc. At least 2 or 3 more tables would be great. more would be preferred. At this point we have a head-count of nearly 40 people. That means a lot of food and stuff! Also, if anyone has a frying pan (or other source for cooking the burgers/dogs/brats etc.) that would be very helpful. My griddle plate will work, but it's not all that big.

For those who are cooking, remember to bring your cooking utensils!

I've done this food planning thing several times and I can tell you from past experience, people will show up with a lot more food than was mentioned on this thread! It's best if we can try to set up a usable buffet-style setting rather than digging through coolers, boxes and bags!

JandDGreens
June 21st, 2018, 06:45 PM
Jackie I will bring 2 tables, Porta Potty (Cassette Toilet) and shower tent (might need a little help setting it up??). I don't know how much wheeling I will do might just do a little and break off to start setting up things. Any how I will be bringing my small utility trailer. I want to see how my XJ does pulling that along?????

Jackie
June 21st, 2018, 06:56 PM
Thanks David! That helps a lot!

open_circuit
June 21st, 2018, 08:09 PM
We're bringing a Subaru just to haul gear, so I'll stick in at least one 6 x 3 table. I might fit two of them in the car if there's room.

Of course we're bringing the LJ to wheel also!

dscowell
June 22nd, 2018, 09:29 AM
Little late but is there anything were missing that I should bring?

jdawg33
June 22nd, 2018, 10:07 AM
will be supplying our own food as we are celiac/gluten free

my wife and I are also celiac... good to see we are not the only ones with food challenges. See you on the trail

Maverick1872
June 22nd, 2018, 03:16 PM
I may be bringing one more. Unknown if he'll be able to as of yet. I'll have my Trasharoo with plenty of garbage bags for all though. I second Jeff in regards to the side items. I can bring something like baked beans if everyone is good with that. I'm open to whatever though.

Quoting my reply in the trail run thread -
Looks like i'm going to be unable to make it now. :mad::mad:
I just got put on call for work this weekend so have to be within 30 minutes of my computer as we are doing production release. Damn was really looking forward to getting down to that area too. Better take lots of photos!

That being said, If anyone is headed down from the Fort Collins area, they are welcome to take my trasharoo with garbage bags and the baked beans I was planning on bringing. Just shoot me a PM if you want to.

Jackie
June 22nd, 2018, 04:44 PM
I just want to shout out another big thanks to everyone for helping pull this pot-luck together! Please know that experience tells me that there will likely be a lot more people and a lot more food and drink items brought than we see on the list. BUT... based on the info gathered here, it looks like we could use some more soft drinks/water/chips and side dishes. You can bring whatever sounds good to you! (just bring enough to share with others - you don't have to feed everyone!!!:lmao: Take a look at the spreadsheet as-it-is, see what you think we're missing, and bring it!

The meeting area is huge and open (no trees except bordering it). Last year, the group didn't manage to meet up at the same place and somehow we ended up as two separate groups. Lets not do that again! As I recall, there were many campers set up along a camping area just as you turn off of hwy 77. From there, there is the initial climb up a short but somewhat steep, rocky and narrow trail that brings you into the big meadow area. From there, you can clearly see the obvious meeting area. See you all there in the morning. I may not have time to make further updates to the spreadsheet, so just wing-it!

Jim
June 22nd, 2018, 05:19 PM
Thanks for tending the list - it makes the prep wonderful !!