PDA

View Full Version : Concrete

Brucker
June 16th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Anyone here in the concrete biz?

Going to need a slab poured at the new property which will be about 1000 sq ft of 6" reinforced. It will need to be prepped, poured and finished. And then possibly about another 1200 sq ft of driveway which I would like 4" reinforced. Need it done the second half of August.

Thanks in advance!

newracer
June 16th, 2018, 09:10 PM
Assuming they go that far south, Northern Colorado Concrete has done two jobs for me and they did fantastic on both.

Brucker
June 16th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Assuming they go that far south, Northern Colorado Concrete has done two jobs for me and they did fantastic on both.

Any idea what they charged you or finished square foot?

newracer
June 16th, 2018, 10:03 PM
I'd need to go back and look for specifics but neither job matches yours. One was tear out and replace a driveway and the other was a thickened pad and walkway along my house. I do remember the costs was about in the middle of the going rate, the main reason I used them was they were able to meet my schedule where everyone else was months out.

dieseldoc
June 17th, 2018, 05:53 PM
Aaron, for your drive go thicker, 6' reinforced is agood idea. you will have big things on this slab. just my experiance

Brucker
June 17th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Aaron, for your drive go thicker, 6' reinforced is agood idea. you will have big things on this slab. just my experiance

Lol, What big things do you think are going to see said driveway? You sure where I am even talking about? I am just extending an existing "driveway" that is now used as a patio, to connect to another concrete patio. Then I will be fencing around the entire thing. So if someone comes across that area with something big, I, and they, will have bigger problems then the concrete...

Brucker
June 17th, 2018, 06:12 PM
I already have a few quotes and am waiting to hear back on a couple others. Just trying to get more options before I pull the trigger.

dieseldoc
June 17th, 2018, 06:18 PM
thought this might be at the new property.