PDA

View Full Version : Sun August 19th - Argentine Pass

open_circuit
July 24th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Family is visiting for the weekend and I want to take them somewhere cool. Planning to run Argentine pass on Sunday, Aug 19

FINOCJ
July 28th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Hey Trent (hope your KP run is going well) - I might be interested in something on 8/18 although it might be a bit early for too much commitment. As you mention, Bill Moore is a great scenic trail and good for visitors, but I have already run it this year with Elephant Hill. Anyway, was thinking a possible alternative could be Bard Creek and Mt Democrat - both near Empire as well. I have never run these - thus the interest - and they seem pretty mellow but maybe scenic and combine together for a nice run. The MVUM lists these as . I understand if you are committed to Bill Moore, but just throwing out something to think about. 777.1 and 778.1 (and 778.2A spur) off county road 252 immediately south of Empire.

open_circuit
July 28th, 2018, 02:46 PM
I'll look into those. I'm not committed to Bill Moore, and suggestions are appreciated. Sometimes I do not know what I don't know regarding available trails around here. I wanted to put a suggested trail in my planning post to at least start the discussion. KP was great today.

Jim
July 28th, 2018, 08:02 PM
FWIW - last I was up at the lake - bugs were a nuisance. Not saying stay away - just FYI.

open_circuit
August 1st, 2018, 08:05 PM
I think we're going to run Argentine Pass on Aug 19 instead. My friend who joined the anniversary run (and camped in the truck camper) can go then, and I haven't run Argentine this year yet.

open_circuit
August 1st, 2018, 08:07 PM
Jim, I might have missed it, but is there a way for me to change the thread title?

Jim
August 1st, 2018, 11:53 PM
The OP (you, for this thread) should be able to edit the first post in the thread and change the title there. It should be reflected in the forum title list. Successive posts in the thread will show the title that was in place when the post was made - but those don't matter - you're looking for the main title.

If you can't change the title of the first post, just tell me what you want and I can do it.

open_circuit
August 2nd, 2018, 07:29 AM
I appear to only be able to change title of my post, but it doesn't affect thread title. Can you update thread title to something like August 19 - Argentine Pass ?

Thanks

cnstaco
August 2nd, 2018, 06:15 PM
I’m in Trent, looking forward to this one.

RockyMtRebel
August 9th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I’m most likely in on this one! Trent, can you bring your CB antenna tuner?

I think running McClellan afterwards would make it a great full day since it shares the first half of Argentine.

open_circuit
August 9th, 2018, 06:10 PM
I can bring the swr meter. Mclellan would be fun, but I am not sure if I'll have time. My guests head out Sunday evening, so we'll see about mclellan when we know how long we have left after Argentine.

cnstaco
August 9th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Matt I hope you make it, haven’t seen you since ironclads in the snow lol

RockyMtRebel
August 9th, 2018, 06:35 PM
I definitely think I’ll be able to make it! I was originally planning on doing Wheeler lake on Friday but after being gone the last three weeks I can’t justify taking off. I’ve wanted to run Argentine and McLellon for a while. I will likely run Mclelon after Argentine even if it’s by myself.... might as well while I’m right there and I won’t be in a hurry afterwards. Maybe Chris will join me ;-)

open_circuit
August 10th, 2018, 09:15 AM
I definitely think I’ll be able to make it! I was originally planning on doing Wheeler lake on Friday but after being gone the last three weeks I can’t justify taking off. I’ve wanted to run Argentine and McLellon for a while. I will likely run Mclelon after Argentine even if it’s by myself.... might as well while I’m right there and I won’t be in a hurry afterwards. Maybe Chris will join me ;-)

I'd like to run both, if my passengers have time. I did not get to run McLellon last year when I was at Argentine.

The Gobbler
August 17th, 2018, 09:27 PM
I will be there. I have not met any of you I believe, looking forward to meeting you all.

open_circuit
August 17th, 2018, 10:14 PM
We ran MSV and Coney Flats last weekend together, I think.

The Gobbler
August 17th, 2018, 10:20 PM
We ran MSV and Coney Flats last weekend together, I think.

Yes, you are correct. Sorry, didn't recognize your screen-name. See you Sunday.