PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2018 Adopt a Trail

FINOCJ
August 31st, 2018, 08:51 PM
Its getting about time for the Fall Adopt a Trail clean-up runs. Spoke with Brant at USFS this week via email and he reminded me that we need to complete our second clean-up run before the end of Sept. We usually end up going on a Sat as that gets the most turn-out, but Sundays are an option. The first weekend in Sept (9/8-9) looks to be a bit too soon to get this organized, and there is already a run scheduled for the 8th. Its looking like either the weekend of Sept 15-16 or 29-30. The weekend of 9/22-23 is possible, but I would be unavailable both days and someone else would need to help facilitate for those days.

Feel free to post up preference...I will post a poll to try and get the best turn-out, but no guarantees as Brant/USFS will probably have input as well as we are a bit short on time to get this completed. Clean up should be minimal after our July work and the continued fire and firearms ban has probably kept the usage down this summer.

thanks!

FINOCJ
September 1st, 2018, 09:14 AM
Brant said his preference would be sat 9/15. Vote in the poll and we will see if we can make the 15th work. If not we will have a start on a viable alternative. Thanks.

Jim
September 1st, 2018, 06:31 PM
Brant said his preference would be sat 9/15.

Bump

Swank1975
September 3rd, 2018, 03:13 PM
We were just up there this past Saturday for a lap and picnic with the kids. Picked up some but there looked to be a good amount of trash in a couple of sites.

Swank1975
September 3rd, 2018, 07:03 PM
We were just up there this past Saturday for a lap and picnic with the kids. Picked up some but there looked to be a good amount of trash in a couple of sites. Ugh my wife just reminded me that the 15th and 16th we're doing Oktoberfest in vail. Already have a room reservation. I'd be better off on the 23rd or 29th-30th.

FINOCJ
September 3rd, 2018, 09:18 PM
Looks like sat 9/15 should work...posted on the calendar...if something comes up we can change it.
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=977&day=2018-9-15&redirect=1

cnstaco
September 5th, 2018, 07:35 PM
I really wanted to bring my son and participate in this. Unfortunately it looks like I have to work the 15th.

jaymoto
September 7th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Bummer same here have to work! one of these years I'll make a clean up run.