PDA

View Full Version : Do not use Safelite for Glass replacement

cnstaco
September 5th, 2018, 07:31 PM
I had safelite replace my windshield 2 weeks ago. The craftsmanship was not good and then this morning I came out to go to work and had a puddle on my driver side floor mat. Tomorrow they have to replace the entire windshield to fix the leak. I知 supposed to leave for Moab first thing in the morning so that sucks. Save yourself the headache and do not use Safelite. Also they do not use oem glass or moldings which are superior in my opinion.

FINOCJ
September 5th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Fwiw...if you are in south Denver I highly recommend Techna Glass on 285 near santa fe in englewood.

Jackie
September 7th, 2018, 04:51 PM
I had Cornerstone Auto Glass replace my windshield last week in the parking lot of my work. So far so good even though it is not oem glass. $212.xx. I can seeeee! :eek::D

Spieg
September 7th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But at least it sounds as if they are willing to stand behind their work and fix the problem.
I would offer as a counter-point that about 4 years ago Safelite replaced two pieces of glass in my Blazer (the 2 large side pieces toward the rear of the truck which are actually major structural components), and it was a great experience in my case. The installer was a obviously very experienced and even took the time to teach me some tricks of the trade while he worked.

cnstaco
September 7th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Yeah at least they are going to replace it. I switched the appointment to Wednesday and I知 in Moab;)

GPP33
September 15th, 2018, 12:21 AM
Regarding OEM glass, if you池e getting a $200 windshield it痴 not OEM and everyone is probably buying them from the same place in China. Safelite will do OEM but in Co you値l probably brake it in a couple years anyway.

dieseldoc
September 15th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Oem glass is not used by most installers.

Americian Pride Auto Glass- (303) 681-8952ewy is very good at what he does.

He does our equipment and Auto Glass...
Equipment glass if much different to install!