PDA

View Full Version : 2018-09-15 - Fall Cleanup Run

Jim
September 6th, 2018, 03:15 PM
DATE: Saturday, September 15, 2018.

TIME: 9 AM

PLACE: Idaho Springs Ranger Station, 101 CO-103, Idaho Springs, CO 80452. This is the southwest corner of the intersection of I-70 & CO-103 (the Mount Evans road)

REQUIREMENTS: Closed toe shoes. Gloves.

RECOMMENDED: Long pants. An easy to carry container to catch small stuff (trigger trash, glass bits). A larger trash bag to empty the small container between stops.

We'll meet at the ranger station parking lot. Sign the waiver form with the forest service. Receive instruction from the forest service. Divide into groups (Devil's Canyon or Barbour Fork). Visit the trails and enjoy a good social day of making the forest a cleaner place.

I well enjoy the cleanup runs. They're special. We hope you can join in! Thanks to James for getting this rolling!

Jake
September 6th, 2018, 04:01 PM
How long will you all be out there? I have a meeting at 9:30 that will last maybe 2 hrs and then it is an hr drive for me, but I'd like to join the clean-up run.

FINOCJ
September 7th, 2018, 05:57 AM
We usually are out until early to mid afternoon. Probably finishing up around 3pm....sometimes 4pm.

Jake
September 7th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Got it. Thanks.

FINOCJ
September 8th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Bumping this up...hope we can get a bit more turn out. The fall colors forecast is looking promising for this run. For new members: DC trail is easy and good for stock rigs. BF provides a bit more challenge into the low end of moderate but still stock friendly for most rigs.

Java
September 9th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Trying to clear the day for it, I'm a maybe at this point. If I can I'd prefer Barbour Fork.

The StRanger
September 9th, 2018, 09:15 PM
As long as the doc says I'm good to go, I'm in.

Jim
September 9th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Fantastic to see names growing on the "YES" list!

Jim
September 9th, 2018, 09:19 PM
As long as the doc says I'm good to go, I'm in.

slip'm a 20 to help the decision...

FINOCJ
September 10th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Fantastic to see names growing on the "YES" list!

Yup - up to 7 YES's and a few maybes. Went up I70 through the tunnel on Sun and over near Kremmling. Lots of fall colors - thinking DC is going to be pretty nice, although wondering what the warm weather this week will do. Early forecast for Sat is looking good.

open_circuit
September 10th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Replacing my cracked exhaust header tomorrow, so hopefully the Jeep is up and ready to go by Saturday. If I somehow fail to get ready, we'll join up in the Subaru and hope for empty seats in other rigs for the trail cleanup.

Jackie
September 10th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Empty seats are never an issue!:GroupHug:

DaveO
September 11th, 2018, 08:02 PM
I'll have empty seats also.

JGRubicon
September 12th, 2018, 12:09 AM
I might be able to make it, our foster got adopted and it's just Bruce and I.

Never done Devil's Canyon, so I'd be in for that one. I'll RSVP.

Schmitty
September 12th, 2018, 09:43 AM
I'm game for a little cleanup action but due to an inner tie rod having a lot of play (maybe it will be okay but I would rather not take the chances) I may have to either ride-along or sit this one out. Anyone coming from Boulder/Longmont that has a seat I can occupy for the day? I'll pay for gas or buy you lunch/coffee.

Tom
September 12th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I'm game for a little cleanup action but due to an inner tie rod having a lot of play (maybe it will be okay but I would rather not take the chances) I may have to either ride-along or sit this one out. Anyone coming from Boulder/Longmont that has a seat I can occupy for the day? I'll pay for gas or buy you lunch/coffee.
I do. From longmont. No gas/lunch or coffee required. Will be leaving Longmont no later than 7:30 am

Schmitty
September 12th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Will be leaving Longmont no later than 7:30 am
Where should I meet ya?

Tom
September 12th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Where should I meet ya?
I sent you an email with addr, phone, and time, plus ...

alanmikkelsen
September 12th, 2018, 06:18 PM
I'm planning on attending and have an open seat.

Jim
September 12th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Spieg asked if I'd bring FR4x4 decals so yes they'll be riding along with me.

If you wish info...
www.FrontRange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?19129 (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?19129-FR4x4-SWAG-Stickers-Hats-T-Shirts-etc&p=248763#post248763)

alanmikkelsen
September 12th, 2018, 07:00 PM
I'll go where needed, but would prefer the more challenging trail...

Heather
September 13th, 2018, 06:49 AM
Sad to miss this. Pedal the Plains starts tomorrow, through the weekend.

RockyMtRebel
September 13th, 2018, 01:44 PM
9/15 is my birthday so I won't be joining y'all.... I'm planning on doing a night wheeling run instead ;-)

FINOCJ
September 13th, 2018, 02:14 PM
I'm planning on attending and have an open seat.

Alan - it would be great if you could sign-up on the calendar for this run. The calendar is our kind of 'official' expected participation list - whereas this thread is as much for discussion and questions. Its not critical but appreciated...thanks! Also, all scheduled run are listed on the calendar - they may or may not always have a discussion thread with them, so its good know to check the calendar.
You will find the link this clean-up run on the calendar listed in the yellow banner at the top of this page. You can also click on the calendar 'link/shortcut' at the top of the page (just under Gallery) to see anything else that might be scheduled.

thanks - see you sat.

alanmikkelsen
September 13th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Thanks, James. 10-4 on the calendar, sorry about that!

alanmikkelsen
September 13th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Thanks

The StRanger
September 13th, 2018, 10:49 PM
With The Bone having a shot front different I'm Gona be bringing Frog.
Should be fun.

FINOCJ
September 14th, 2018, 07:55 AM
Hello all,

Turn out looks to be very solid. A couple reminders:
1) please be there at 9am or a few minutes before as we are scheduled to meet with the USFS at 9am for paperwork. I would guess there might be some traffic heading up I-70 as the fall colors are here and lots of people are headed to Guanella Pass.
2) Bring whatever food and water your will need - and a some extra water for putting out fires is always recommended (even though there is a fire ban in place, I saw a lot of fires and recent fire remnants when out in Lost Creek over the Labor Day weekend).
3) Please bring gloves and wear closed toe shoes. Long pants and long sleeves are recommended by the USFS but not necessarily required.
4) Trashbag is helpful (I will have some to pass out if needed) and 5 gallon bucket works well for individuals to carry more easily at each site.
5) A small gardening hand trowel or rake is helpful for cleaning out fire pits.

thanks - should be a nice day (better than last years fall clean-up in the fog and rain) with some nice aspens (especially on DC).

Cr33p3r
September 14th, 2018, 08:30 AM
I want to try and make it, its been too long since I was out

Jim
September 14th, 2018, 09:30 AM

It'd be nice to see ya!

The StRanger
September 14th, 2018, 03:19 PM

Hopin to see ya there.

bigbobcapo
September 14th, 2018, 03:39 PM
I will be there tomorrow! Excited to meet everyone for the first time and to help clean up! See you all tomorrow.

bigbobcapo
September 14th, 2018, 08:11 PM
I may be up on the trail closer to 10:30 due to some work conflicts in the morning. Should I still stop by the ranger station or just meet on trail? Thanks

Jim
September 14th, 2018, 08:19 PM
We will leave the ranger station by, perhaps, 9:20am to head to the trails. Pick the trail of your choice and head to the trail - you'll catch up to us!

We'll split into two groups at the ranger station - one group for each trail. If there are enough people - and this time it looks as such - we'll also split into two groups at each trail. Head to any trail - in any direction (they're mostly loop trails) - you should meed up with us!

Tom
September 15th, 2018, 06:44 AM
All set heading out at 7:10.