PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler Lake Wednesday June 20th?

Brody
June 19th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Sorry, no calendar....

I ran Wheeler Lake with a guy from work yesterday evening. We got through all the lower obstacles and made first tracks through the first 2 snow banks, got stuck trying to get through another one that was a stream crossing with ice at the bottom. We tried a bit to bust through this, but it was going to take too long and we were running solo, so we quit. I think that we could've gotten through with a little time and effort, but would've dogged down before the star to bowling ball hill where the turn starts the deep stuff. If there was another rig, I would've just busted into the drift and gotten a strap back until I went through it. There wasn't a good tree to winch from or I would've done this, too.

Fun trail and with the tracks through the first couple of drifts now, people will start to push the trail higher. Absolutely beautiful weather and it would be fun to do this section itself in conjunction with another trail in the area for a run, even if the whole trail isn't open.

Oh, just to test the bobbed bed, I backed up the hardest lines on the lower obstacles for grins. It works well and I was glad that I finally got my ARBs to work right. Wouldn't have been able to do the harder lines if it wasn't, especially the backing up part....

Different mind set on the obstacles on this trail as you have to take some line through them, not like the Chutes at Kelly Flats....