PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Sticker Opinion Please

Bob
November 19th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Opinions please: Are bumper stickers just silly and tacky these days? Would you put one on your vehicle? Here's why I'm asking:

The other day while coming down Boulder Canyon I was tailgated by some dummy only using brakes, for the umpteenth time. It occurred to me to get a bumper sticker that says "Visualize Using Low Gear" or similar. As a bonus this could also refer to low gear for off-road especially when placed on an obviously off-road capable vehicle.

Jim
November 19th, 2018, 11:49 AM
While the person was close enough to read it their mind was likely thick enough for it to not sink in.

IF you go bumper sticker - keep your paint unblemished. Glass is your option.

Bob
November 19th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Yes, I should have called them window stickers!

schwanstabilo
November 22nd, 2018, 11:08 AM
I'm a fan of my window/tailgate/bumper stickers :steer:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48203&d=1542910090

Jim
November 22nd, 2018, 11:10 AM
Another rare 4x4 hybrid sighting :lmao: They seem to only come white in color.

Hypoid
November 22nd, 2018, 10:12 PM
Opinions please: Are bumper stickers just silly and tacky these days? Would you put one on your vehicle? Here's why I'm asking:

The other day while coming down Boulder Canyon I was tailgated by some dummy only using brakes, for the umpteenth time. It occurred to me to get a bumper sticker that says "Visualize Using Low Gear" or similar. As a bonus this could also refer to low gear for off-road especially when placed on an obviously off-road capable vehicle.With all the crappy driving I have seen the past year, I too had a few ideas run through my head. Sadly, most who need the instruction, would have no clue if you tried to explain following distance in 5 words or less. Even then, if it came off as snarky, it might give investigators a bad impression if/when it is your turn to get hit.

My last draft is/was "Tailgating will not make me faster."

In replying to this thread, I'm thinking a (more) sterile message might be in order:
"Following too Closely"
C.R.S. 42-4-1008

That is my passive/aggressive way of saying "want more rope?"

Bob
November 23rd, 2018, 05:10 AM
Yeah I had the same concern when I thought about a sticker that says “5 Over isn’t Fast Enough??”. Guaranteed to get a ticket instead of a warning.

Java
December 1st, 2018, 01:04 PM
Saw this today

schwanstabilo
December 1st, 2018, 06:04 PM
Another rare 4x4 hybrid sighting :lmao: They seem to only come white in color.

Post bumper stickers I don't get tailgated. Can't explain that! /s

Then again maybe it was the SAS and rocks/water I kick up :p