PDA

View Full Version : The coolest transmission/TC set ever!

FINOCJ
December 3rd, 2018, 02:45 PM
This is a granny 4speed T98 (possibly a t90) to a twin stick D18 with Warn OD and a dual PTO. In other words 6 shifters!
https://i.imgur.com/gro9gRW.jpg

Jim
December 4th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Crazy!

And in a CJ5 the rear driveshaft is 6" long? :chuckle:

FINOCJ
December 4th, 2018, 12:04 PM
And in a CJ5 the rear driveshaft is 6" long

Well, it is short BUT....the additional add-ons behind the transmission (the Warn OD and the PTO) do not affect the length of the driveshaft as the driveshaft connects directly to the passenger side of the transfer case (where the brake drum is). That is the beauty of the D18 TC. That also creates the passenger side 'offset' of the rear differential pumpkin that puts it inline with the front differential (you can see the front yoke on the TC where the front driveshaft would come out). With a narrow wheelbase (51" wms-wms) that is often a huge advantage.

Java
December 4th, 2018, 02:55 PM
I want to see the floorboard! :thumb:

FINOCJ
December 4th, 2018, 04:58 PM
I want to see the floorboard!

Actually its the same floorboard as mine - they were all same. Mine just has the cover plate with 4 bolts over the PTO port between the seats. I also only have a single stick D18 which is not as cool as the twin stick. I could have switched it out when i rebuilt it, but didn't want to spend any additional money and I honestly don't see much use for 2lo unless you run an automatic locker in the front, or possibly using it to move around heavy loads (like aircraft which the military willys did) on pavement.