PDA

View Full Version : Sunday wheelin idea

RockyMtRebel
January 23rd, 2019, 04:39 PM
So I was thinking about heading out on Sunday (big surprise) but want to stick close to home and make it more of a half day than full day. I’d like to hit the below routes, which are basically the farthest north section of Switzerland trail that is not in the descriptions —— it’s the best part too in my opinion. I wanna start from the opposite way we did it on New Years Day.... from the Sawmill road trailhead to the short looping spurs that run between Switzerland trail and Gold hill road, southeast of the intersection of these two roads.

Mark Freeburg, this is the part you missed on NYD when you noticed your diff bolts missing!

I think it will be 3-4 hours of wheeling depending on how stuck we get ( there will be some snowy sections). This area is not that heavily travelled because it’s a little out of the way and it’s not in most descriptions of Switzerland trail!

The start of the trail is just up near the top of Lefthand Canyon (a couple miles before it enters Ward)... on the left side of the below map and running to the right

Mark Freeburg
January 23rd, 2019, 09:13 PM
I’m in!

RockyMtRebel
January 24th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Awesome! Its supposed to be warm on Sunday but obviously we're getting snow now so it should be a blast! I will post the event and hope a few others decide to join us for a few hours!