PDA

View Full Version : Wiring/Electrical

RockyMtnLife
March 11th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am looking for some help or advice. 2 of my doors dont register when i open them. The dash indicator doesnt come on nor does the dome light for the 2 doors. I do have some wires hangin below the steering column but i cant locate any kind of a wiring diagram. I have a 15' JKU. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

================

Admin edit - two threads were merged into this destination thread in Tech Help Wanted. The first two posts comprise the opening posts of each thread.

RockyMtnLife
March 11th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am looking for some help or advice. 2 of my doors dont register when i open them. The dash indicator doesnt come on nor does the dome light for the 2 doors. I do have some wires hangin below the steering column but i cant locate any kind of a wiring diagram. I have a 15' JKU. Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Tom
March 11th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Anything else not working? Have you checked the fuses?

RockyMtnLife
March 11th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Everything else seems fine. I will check the fuses. Thank you sir!

Jim
March 11th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Has a prior owner disconnected the door switches because they ran with the doors off?

(not knowing if "doors off" is reasonable for your model)

Jim
March 11th, 2019, 05:45 PM
I merged the the thread from Member Skills with this thread in Tech Help Wanted.

RockyMtnLife
March 11th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Thank you sir. I wasnt sure if i posted in right spot and sorry for the double post. Gonna check the fuses and door switch here in a few!

Jim
March 11th, 2019, 05:50 PM
No worries - we're an easy going group.

I know quadratec sells items for those that take doors off and don't want the interior lights to stay lit - simply wondering if something like that might be a cause.

Spieg
March 11th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Found this on another website... Check fuse labeled "door sw defeat" found in the fuse box located behind the glove box. It is the far lower, right fuse. If removed or burned out, this would also cause your "Headlight On" reminder chime to not work.

open_circuit
March 11th, 2019, 09:36 PM
On my LJ, I pull the fuse that spieg referred to when I run doorless. It bypasses the door switch and prevents my dome light from staying lit constantly. As Jim mentioned, there are also switches and door latch spring clips you may have installed that also attempt to defeat the detection switch without requiring a fuse pull. If you find the fuse is installed and not blown, look for an extra out-of-place switch and check the door sensor switch for any extra hardware that might hold it in the door-closed position.

RockyMtnLife
March 12th, 2019, 07:24 PM
Hey thanks for all the input fellows. So i discovered the driver door strap doesnt have the wire/plug going thru it like the other doors. Though the rear passenger door still doesnt register "ajar" and has the wiring appearing/feeling connected. The fuses all check out behind the glove box in engine bay (tho i never found the "door sw defeat"). Also there is no warning ding when lights are left on like Spieq mentioned.Thanks again.