PDA

View Full Version : I'm so vain...

Chris
June 27th, 2008, 09:31 PM
...that I'm getting vanity plates for my 62. :eek:

Just got approval for FR4X4 :cool:

Patrolman
June 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Nice. I dig it. Always wanted a vanity plate.

Thought about 2 different ones for the Patrols. Obviously, Patrol. Other WHTISIT

So did you steal the title from a song?

Tye
June 28th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Thats cool Chris, a friend of ours just moved to Florida. He has vanity plates and wanted to know if we wanted to take em over, and I just might do that.

Chris
June 28th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Jeff, your not old enough to know that song. ;)

Tye, I didn't know you could do that but I suppose so. I lost my front plate in Moab somewhere (I think) and was looking to see how to replace it when I ran across the vanity stuff and decided I should give it a shot.

Of course we all know another person here has a vanity plate.

Funrover
June 28th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Very Cool man!! You deserve that.... it's a great site you have here!

Patrolman
June 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I think you can get your plates replaced for about $4. I know it is a nominal fee.

I know the song. For some reason my sister learned to play it on the piano when we were kids. She is about 2 years younger than me. Not sure how she got into playing that song!

Tye
June 28th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Jeff, your not old enough to know that song. ;)

Tye, I didn't know you could do that but I suppose so. I lost my front plate in Moab somewhere (I think) and was looking to see how to replace it when I ran across the vanity stuff and decided I should give it a shot.

Of course we all know another person here has a vanity plate.

I beleive a letter from the person that stating they are registering in another state and will be giving up his plate...Somebody we all know is supposed to be getting me the information, how bout it Aaron, its not like your planning a wedding or anything...lol

BLOODBANE
June 28th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Worst part about the vanities is the cost. My Ranger with just rec. plates would be around 14.00. With the vanities it is 50.00. Of course I have BLDBANE on my Ranger and MBARW(my personal cattle brand) on my Explorer.......

Chris
June 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM
After all I've spent on the truck $50 seems insignificant. :)

Chris
June 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Very Cool man!! You deserve that.... it's a great site you have here!

Cool people make a cool site. I'm guessing you're getting married next weekend as I head to Moab. Just so I don't miss it, congrats and best wishes for a long, happy marriage Aaron.

I think you can get your plates replaced for about $4. I know it is a nominal fee.

I know the song. For some reason my sister learned to play it on the piano when we were kids. She is about 2 years younger than me. Not sure how she got into playing that song!

Very popular song, not among the classics but I was more of a Led Zepplin kind of guy back then. :D

I beleive a letter from the person that stating they are registering in another state and will be giving up his plate.

Makes sense to me!

Pathrat
June 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Hehehe, yes I do have that plate. It is worth the $50. When it is time for me to register the Mazda next month, I will put my other vanity plate on it, the one that has been sitting in my garage for a year:

4NZICS

Chris, supercool that you get to have that plate, very fitting!

Jimmy
June 30th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I've never had vanity plates myself, but I did spring for something other than the standard issue plates when I moved here. I picked up a set of the Veteran plates for my truck. I didn't bother spending any extra money on plates for the Disco since I knew I'd be bashing those things up pretty bad. :) My first trip up Spring Creek made quick work of the front plate.

Funrover
June 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Maybe I should do FunRovr LOL

Tye
June 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe I should do FunRovr LOL

hmmmm

Chris
August 15th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Look what came today.

Jimmy
August 15th, 2008, 04:48 PM