PDA

View Full Version : The day is near

PhillipG65
April 8th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Hotel room reserved, baby sitter set, bags are packed, Jeep, "The Ox", is bathed and dialed in
Woooo Whooooo
I am leaving Amarillo around 1 pm this Wed April 10. My room is ready for me at 3pm Thursday so I am taking the scenic route.
Once I'm there and rested from the journey I'll be looking forward to wheeling, wheeling and more wheeling
If there be anyone available during week days I'll be looking for you
Visiting family and friends but no itinerary made at this point so right now anything goes- - LoL :lmao:
:D :D
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
April 23 is when I head back to Amarillo :frown: :confused:

RockyMtnLife
April 8th, 2019, 04:22 PM
I am of tues/weds and would be up for some wheeling if schedules work

Jim
April 8th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Weekends best for me.

open_circuit
April 8th, 2019, 04:38 PM
I guess you're bringing the snow with you? Supposed to go from 75-ish tomorrow to snow Wednesday afternoon around here! We'll know you're on your way when we feel the cold wind turn. :lmao:

PhillipG65
April 8th, 2019, 04:54 PM
:lmao::lmao:

RockyMtRebel
April 8th, 2019, 05:06 PM
What trails are you hoping to hit if possible? We can start the planning process to hit as many of those as you can ;)

PhillipG65
April 8th, 2019, 05:13 PM
What trails are you hoping to hit if possible? We can start the planning process to hit as many of those as you can ;)

I figure just to get the rust out, pickle gulch, yankee hill, after that I'm pretty open. how's the melt season going so far

RockyMtRebel
April 8th, 2019, 05:16 PM
It’s melting a lot this week and last - my driveway is snow and ice free but there are still areas of deep snow around..... and it’s thick like cement and sucks you in!

I think Pickle will have some snowy challenges but I’m down!!! Yankee is always fun!!!

PhillipG65
April 8th, 2019, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=RockyMtRebel;330770]It’s melting a lot this week and last - my driveway is snow and ice free but there are still areas of deep snow around..... and it’s thick like cement and sucks you in!

I think Pickle will have some snowy challenges but I’m down!!! Yankee is always fun!!!

Awesome !!!! Looking forward to wheeling with ya and showin ya "The Ox" sounds like a-lot o-fun

Getaklu
April 8th, 2019, 07:19 PM
I may be able to do a weekday.

dieseldoc
April 8th, 2019, 07:49 PM
We look for seeing you as well. But we are weekend availability

PhillipG65
April 8th, 2019, 10:57 PM
We look for seeing you as well. But we are weekend availability

Weekends should be great for me too !!
I'll be in my room about 3pm Thursday so this weekend and next will be great !!
Looking forward to seeing you guys as well

PhillipG65
April 8th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Weekends best for me.

Indeed the next couple weekends will be working for me !!!
Maybe you have something in mind nearby or centrally located we can all meet

PhillipG65
April 8th, 2019, 11:03 PM
I do have to visit Chris at Northridge 4x4 to get some of that "On Board Air" Just ain't sure about that appointment yet

Getaklu
April 9th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Keep an eye out for the weather, this is the latest that I saw:

Jim
April 9th, 2019, 12:52 PM
I see that and think... one or two sets of chains... Two it is! :D

RockyMtRebel
April 9th, 2019, 01:33 PM
meh.... it'll snow a couple inches at most.

Jim
April 9th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Sadly, that'll likely be the case.

Say, Matt - did you notice any smoke from the "little house fire" near Hwy 7 / Peak-to-Peak (Dry St. Vrain trail) area?

RockyMtRebel
April 9th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Yes Jim, I had to take an alternate route home because Hwy 7 was closed yesterday. It was open this morning and as I came down I saw exactly where the fire is and it was still going a little but I think they have it mostly contained. Scary!!

Spieg
April 9th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Will follow to see what you plan Phillip, maybe I can get out for some wheelin with ya.

gotta love Colorado weather;

RockyMtRebel
April 9th, 2019, 06:59 PM
I may be wrong and we might get some real snow

PhillipG65
April 9th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Will follow to see what you plan Phillip, maybe I can get out for some wheelin with ya.

gotta love Colorado weather;
That'd be awesome Brian, I will attempt to post and stay in contact as much as possible but even if or when you get time and wanna go somewhere - - I'd most likely be up for it

PhillipG65
April 9th, 2019, 07:51 PM
I may be wrong and we might get some real snow

Well I'm keeping eye's on it and will go as far as I can
I gave myself some extra time so I should be fine.
Still leaving here Wed about 1pm Texas time
Looking clear so far I can make it to Trinidad and maybe Pueblo I might push for Springs and spend the night there

Jackie
April 10th, 2019, 07:33 PM
It's icing up out there. The snow isn't the problem yet in Evergreen. It's just freezing up what is falling.

PhillipG65
April 11th, 2019, 08:44 AM
It's icing up out there. The snow isn't the problem yet in Evergreen. It's just freezing up what is falling.

I made it as far as Monument .... got a room and will be in Denver this afternoon Thurs 4/11/19

open_circuit
April 11th, 2019, 08:58 AM
I made it as far as Monument .... got a room and will be in Denver this afternoon Thurs 4/11/19

Glad to hear. We got 4 or 5 inches here in Broomfield. Lots of ice underneath the fluffy stuff, though.

RockyMtRebel
April 11th, 2019, 09:05 AM
I got 6-8 inches at my place up in the hills.... very slushy and wet and will probably melt a lot over the weekend. Sunday is probably the best day to get out in regards to temps getting close to 50 in the hills. The trails are going to be extremely wet and muddy, my driveway was a slushy mud slide last night and this morning it was a frozen slushy mud slide ;)

PhillipG65
April 12th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Glad to hear. We got 4 or 5 inches here in Broomfield. Lots of ice underneath the fluffy stuff, though.

Typical Colorado spring time storm, it's bad then next day all gone - - Love it !!!
Ready to find a trail or two !!

PhillipG65
April 12th, 2019, 07:57 AM
I got 6-8 inches at my place up in the hills.... very slushy and wet and will probably melt a lot over the weekend. Sunday is probably the best day to get out in regards to temps getting close to 50 in the hills. The trails are going to be extremely wet and muddy, my driveway was a slushy mud slide last night and this morning it was a frozen slushy mud slide ;)

I think I might take a drive up to Central City this afternoon just to see what conditions are like there, Sunday should be good for me any ideas where to go yet ?

dieseldoc
April 12th, 2019, 08:03 AM
Ok Phill put something together.
The gultches we're getting dry last time we were there.
Been 2 weeks

RockyMtRebel
April 12th, 2019, 07:25 PM
I love the gulches but it’s a long ways for me. Did you check out Yankee hill area today? It’s snowing at my place right now.....

PhillipG65
April 12th, 2019, 08:20 PM
I love the gulches but it’s a long ways for me. Did you check out Yankee hill area today? It’s snowing at my place right now.....

I did go to the camp ground side of Yankee Hill.
There was snow on the trail head but people have been treking back there
Being alone I did not go but looked totally do able
Anything you want to go hit that might not be burried
We could maybe check on Yankee Hill a little closer??
I know Pickle Gulch ain't open till at least May but ???

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 06:38 AM
If you don’t go to the gulches tomorrow/Sunday then I’d be interested in Yankee area..... Pickle gulch would be good to try but good chance we won’t get too far. Switzerland/Sugarloaf to Pennsylvania Gulch might be fun and challenging also.

Im definitely wanting to get out but just not wanting to drive all the way to gulches this weekend (maybe next?)

PhillipG65
April 13th, 2019, 06:50 AM
I am willing to go Yankee Hill
I understand the gulches are a pretty long drive
Not going down there today
Shall we meet up at the ohv parking lot today

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 07:02 AM
I’m not sure if I can get out today but tomorrow I’m free and definitely getting the Jeep out! I might be able to get out later today but not sure yet.

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 07:07 AM
If you already have plans tomorrow for the gulches let me know.... maybe I can try to talk the wife into letting me go. Let me know if you and Brandon are for sure going tomorrow and I’ll see what I can do. But if you wanna run Yankee tomorrow I’m in!

PhillipG65
April 13th, 2019, 07:36 AM
I'm waiting to hear from Brandon but as far as I know at this point we are going to the gulches
How much snow did you get up there
A light dusting here in Golden
Later the sun is expected to make an appearance

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Just a dusting up here also.....

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 07:52 AM
Well maybe later today we can hit something near me if you want to get out today..... Bunce or Switzerland trail far northern spurs or something - I’ll let you know if/when I can get out today!

PhillipG65
April 13th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Well maybe later today we can hit something near me if you want to get out today..... Bunce or Switzerland trail far northern spurs or something - I’ll let you know if/when I can get out today!

Okay, sounds good

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Working on the wife now..... sounds promising but I’ll post back for sure! Maybe we can hit Yankee hill today after all.... guessing a meetup time around noon-ish. Stay Tuned ;)

PhillipG65
April 13th, 2019, 07:58 AM
I mean as long as you're cool with it too

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 08:09 AM
SUCCESS!! Wanna try Pickle first and then do Yankee if/when we get turned back?

Im fine just meeting at Yankee also, your call my friend! Excited to see you again.

I could meet anywhere around 11:00-12:00 if that works, let me know what you think!

PhillipG65
April 13th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Lets meet 11:30 OHV parking lot near Yankee Hill trail head
Pickle is still closed
Looking forward to wheelin with you again as well !!

RockyMtRebel
April 13th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Sounds good! Pickle is open year round, I tried doing it a couple weeks ago but didn’t get very far. I think we could get farther but not sure how much farther....lol.

Ill bring the chains also, just in case ;)

PhillipG65
April 13th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Oh ok, I thought it had gates....
Either way though cool !!!!