PDA

View Full Version : Any open seats?

Cr33p3r
May 11th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Well I turned the Jeep back in and sold the bronco so I am without a 4x4 at this time and looking to see if anyone has an open seat for a upcoming trail ride? I haven't been out for over two years and need to get out soon for one last run before moving to Arkansas.

Jim
May 11th, 2019, 12:40 PM
There'll always be a seat!

When's the move to Arkansas / When's the "last day for a trail ride" for you?

Any trail that you'd like to visit?

Snow might be an issue - all depending on when & trail.

Cr33p3r
May 14th, 2019, 06:48 PM
There'll always be a seat!

When's the move to Arkansas / When's the "last day for a trail ride" for you?

Any trail that you'd like to visit?

Snow might be an issue - all depending on when & trail.

Jim we're waiting for the house to sell, so I am guessing it will be at least two months before the move. I'm up for any trails that would be a day trip because of being caregiver for my dad.

Jim
May 14th, 2019, 07:14 PM
`bunch of stuff day-tripp'n around here.

Kingston Peak
Red Cone / Radical Hill / Saints John

Both of those are above timberline.

Red Elephant to Bill Moore Lake is a thought for a mountain lake

JandDGreens
May 15th, 2019, 07:33 AM
Jim what about Chinamans? You and James are considering? On a week day in a couple weeks. If he wants to attend this and there isn't a extra open seat I can do something else?? Like take my dog for a hike somewhere.

FINOCJ
May 15th, 2019, 07:48 AM
For Chinamans, I expect I would have an open seat - granted its a small seat in an old small jeep. In other words there are no creature comforts and its equivalent to riding in a buckboard wagon.

JandDGreens
May 15th, 2019, 06:57 PM
For Chinamans, I expect I would have an open seat - granted its a small seat in an old small jeep. In other words there are no creature comforts and its equivalent to riding in a buckboard wagon.
😀😃 I think Jim jeep will be about the same.

Max
May 15th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Jim's Jeep is almost 20 YEARS newer in technology. But not actually LOL!

Jim
May 15th, 2019, 08:24 PM
That's right - "but not actually" - as we're both rough riding leaf spring suspension!

(I'll let a few extra PSI out of the tyres to compensate) ;)

FINOCJ
May 15th, 2019, 09:02 PM
I'll give Jim half credit...4 leaf springs is more than most....but full credit when he gets rid of power steering, power brakes, disc brakes, fuel injection, induction ignition, hanging pedals, single stick transmission, 13 inches wheelbase and 5inches if track width. :cheers:

Jim
May 15th, 2019, 09:33 PM
If I get rid of all of that, you'll be towing me back to the trailhead!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you win ;)

Jim
May 15th, 2019, 09:34 PM
The hanging pedals gets me - yours hinge on the bottom? Piccy please.

JandDGreens
May 15th, 2019, 09:39 PM
They both are the truest when it comes to Jeeps, I'm looking forward to it.

FINOCJ
May 15th, 2019, 09:43 PM
The hanging pedals gets me - yours hinge on the bottom? Piccy please.

through the floorboard style....pivot/hinge is bracket mounted on frame under the body. When the frame flexes the pedal arms bind against the bracket and or the side of the holes in the floorboard...releasing or feathering the clutch in a twisted up spot is interesting.

FINOCJ
May 15th, 2019, 09:54 PM
this is an internet pic grab:
http://i.imgur.com/QSHQd65.jpg

FINOCJ
May 15th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Here is a diagram of how the brake pedal goes through the floor and then has a pivot and pushrod into the master cylinder that is mounted on the inside of the frame rail...Don't know if your old cj5 still had the vestigial round hole and cover plate in the driver side floor that allowed access to the MC. Starting in 72 the pedals went to a modern hanging style with MC mounted high on the driver side firewall (which I believe it stayed there through cj7 even on the YJ).
https://www.kaiserwillys.com/media/wysiwyg/FIG_277_2.jpg

Jim
May 15th, 2019, 10:16 PM
FTFY

I'll give Jim half credit...4 leaf springs is more than most....but full credit when he gets rid of power steering, power brakes, disc brakes, fuel injection, induction ignition,
hanging pedals, single stick transmission, 13 inches wheelbase and 5inches if track width, and those non-round-CLASSIC-JEEP rectangular headlights.

I don't think my CJ-5 had a floorboard access hole - but back then I wasn't paying too much attention to something like that.