PDA

View Full Version : Jeepers Jamboree Rubicon Trail July 25th-29th

Rocrawlr
June 5th, 2019, 10:17 AM
I'm signed up for the 4 day Jeepers Jamboree July 25th-29th on the Rubicon Trail. Just curious to see if any club members have signed up or are thinking of signing up.
Here is the link:
https://www.jeepersjamboree.com/jeepers.html

Max
June 5th, 2019, 10:47 AM
I won't be going, but my brother and I have wanted to run the Rubicon Trail for a while now.

I found this part interesting: "What types of vehicles are allowed to attend the Jamboree trips?Acceptable vehicles for the Jamboree trips are Jeeps, Land Cruisers, Toyota Pick Ups, Samurai’s, Scouts, and Broncos (1979 to present). Highly modified vehicles (including models listed) or vehicle types not listed (Unimogs, etc) need to be approved by the board of directors."

I wonder what their criteria is for allowing other vehicles.

FINOCJ
June 5th, 2019, 12:23 PM
I am running the Rubicon just before those dates with a group from the earlycj5 forum. There is still 10ft of snow in a few sections but its starting to melt.

Rocrawlr
June 8th, 2019, 10:08 AM
I won't be going, but my brother and I have wanted to run the Rubicon Trail for a while now.

I found this part interesting: "What types of vehicles are allowed to attend the Jamboree trips?Acceptable vehicles for the Jamboree trips are Jeeps, Land Cruisers, Toyota Pick Ups, Samurai’s, Scouts, and Broncos (1979 to present). Highly modified vehicles (including models listed) or vehicle types not listed (Unimogs, etc) need to be approved by the board of directors."

I wonder what their criteria is for allowing other vehicles.

The criteria is pretty loose. I have seen buggies and truggies on the Jeepers Jamboree as well as the Jeep Jamboree, but I can only speak to events on the Rubicon not other JJ events.

Rocrawlr
June 8th, 2019, 10:17 AM
I am running the Rubicon just before those dates with a group from the earlycj5 forum. There is still 10ft of snow in a few sections but its starting to melt.

Last weekend some friends of mine ran the trail from Wentworth Springs to top of Cadillac Hill without any problems.