PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Spray Liner

TDash
June 6th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Anyone have any experience in the DIY spray liners?

I am interested in getting my whole truck sprayed because of the scratches I get from the Jeep wide trails and the paint is very faded on both my hood and roof already. I've seen where people have done it themselves they say it's not that difficult but where I live there is really nowhere for me to do this myself, I have live in the suburbs and have no land or shop etc. I called Line X in Colorado Springs for a quote they said it's about $7k which seems really high to me

This was the product I was looking at
https://www.amazon.com/U-POL-0820V-GUN-Black-URETHANE-Truck/dp/B003TQIIPG/?tag=diybedliner-20

Anyone think they would be up for taking on this job and have the space for such a job? Or does anyone have a recommendation on a place that could handle it? Would be willing to pay well but not looking to spend $7k

newracer
June 6th, 2019, 11:20 AM
I did a truck in Durabak and it turned out OK. I was spraying it in my driveway and a storm rolled in so I had to hurry the last parts, ended up with some runs. They key is prep. Personally I'd really consider Plasti-dip as it's easier to apply and can be removed.

Spieg
June 6th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Not an expert by any means, but most of the DIY stuff I've seen looks great when its new but is not as durable as the professional version. Also, be aware that liner (DIY or shop applied) will trap moisture so rust can be a problem over time.

TDash
June 6th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Not an expert by any means, but most of the DIY stuff I've seen looks great when its new but is not as durable as the professional version. Also, be aware that liner (DIY or shop applied) will trap moisture so rust can be a problem over time.

thanks for the info that's good to know. Looks like Rhino Liner would do it for $5k which is still a lot but seems more reasonable than 7k

newracer
June 6th, 2019, 12:03 PM

I think that is mostly due to the people not using a product that has a UV protectent in it.

Brian
June 6th, 2019, 04:23 PM
thanks for the info that's good to know. Looks like Rhino Liner would do it for $5k which is still a lot but seems more reasonable than 7k

Do you have a Line-X near by? See what their quote is for the UV protectant whole vehicle spray.

Java
June 6th, 2019, 07:28 PM
You could wrap it. For about $1500-2000 you could get a nice repaint done and then wrap it.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-M12-MATTE-BLACK-Vinyl/dp/B007O103F0?ref_=Oct_TopRatedC_13924816011_4&pf_rd_p=7be222bb-7222-508c-9c79-46362d47feec&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=13924816011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=WJ5D9KVJACXN1G1JFRHZ&pf_rd_r=WJ5D9KVJACXN1G1JFRHZ&pf_rd_p=7be222bb-7222-508c-9c79-46362d47feec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vgfEOeZ26g

TDash
June 6th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Do you have a Line-X near by? See what their quote is for the UV protectant whole vehicle spray.

the Line-X by me does not do whole body sprays, I called the one in the Springs I'm not sure if the UV protectant is different than what they quoted me over the phone but they said it's $7K