PDA

View Full Version : Weston Pass

Java
July 18th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Went over Weston Pass yesterday from West to East, it's clear and dry the whole way, just a few patches of snow left near the pass. It seems easier too, I think it's had some grading in places, you really don't need 4wd at any point. Along those lines we went over Guanella too, it's recently and completely paved from Grant to Georgetown and everything along the way- every trailhead, day use area, restroom, etc... has been renovated. Manicured is the word that fits it. I miss the old rough dirt road but I can't say I didn't like it. It's still incredibly beautiful!

Bob
July 18th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Weston pass is a pretty easy drive. My wife and I went over it a couple of years ago before the fire. She liked it and she doesn’t like wheeling. Was there much evidence of the fire?

Java
July 19th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Not a sign anywhere of the fire, the whole area is so lush this year that I'd guess everything except still standing burnt trees is covered by foliage. We got to the west side of Weston via Independence pass and the remains of the debris slides on Independence are amazing and scary.