PDA

View Full Version : Trails off C125 between walden/grandby

4x4JeePmaNthINg
September 10th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Is anyone familiar with what trails are behind rmnp?
I drove this year's ago and found a pull off showing offloading trails but I no longer have the picture.

Thanks

open_circuit
September 10th, 2019, 08:27 AM
I'm not familiar with the area, but there are 16 trails in that area listed in the funtreks guidebook I have. Do any of these sound familiar?

Blacktail Creek
Trough Trail
Sidewinder
Sheephorn Mountain
Williams Peak Rd
Mulstay Creek
Stillwater Pass
Little gravel Mountain
Beaver Creek, Muddy Creek
Byers Peak
Rollins Pass West (I know this one, it starts in winter park)
Jones Pass
Bill Moore Lake (I know this one, it is near empire)
Red Elephant Hill, Empire Loop (This one is also near empire)
Democrat Mountain

Java
September 10th, 2019, 09:29 AM
I recently did Rollins West (2wd) Crooked / Keyser Creek off 73 west of Fraser (easy, lots of dispered camping) and am heading back up there in a day or two and hope to get there via Byers Peak then up 73 to Beaver Creek to 40, and from Granby I want to see Stillwater, North Supply and Mulstay. My wife has family in town, they're staying in Granby so while I'm there... I'll post up anything interesting.

Jim
September 10th, 2019, 10:08 AM
I did Stillwater Pass a year ago. It's an area I can see returning for more exploration - likely on a full weekend with an overnight. Stillwater was more "connector road" and while it did offer some nice views I don't recall the path as overly desirable (I'd not return if that were my only trail). Not to let that detract - there are many other trails that need attention.

www.JimWilliamson.net/automobile/2018-08-26--lake-irene--stillwater-pass/