PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice on penrose

Coonburger
January 29th, 2020, 05:03 PM
So i live pretty close to penrose only bout a 30 minute drive. I went this past weekend with the blazer to watch the buggies hit the hard exit. After checking out the various entrances and exits i am pretty interested about hitting some of the less difficult parts. Are there certain things i definately want on me, what enterance and route to take etc etc. I am on 39.5s locked front and rear , winch i gotta trim the fenders a lil more to keep from rubbing. I dont care bout the body to much. I mean there isnt a straight panel on it. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. I will definately be trailering it lol.

Coonburger
January 29th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Pic of the previous owner flexing it

newracer
January 30th, 2020, 08:20 AM
Run Liberty down to the start of Patriot, walk Patriot to see if you want to try it. Just past Patriot is Independence, walk that to see if you want to try it.

Another option is to enter on Independence, which most people do, it's easier going down, and then go out Liberty or Patriot.

Coonburger
January 30th, 2020, 10:02 AM
I went and watched the exit of patriot and that is going to be a nope from me, so ur talking going down liberty and running indy backwards to its enterance? Or in indy enterance down the v notch and etc to liberty. Sorry just trying to understand.

newracer
January 30th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Indy is pretty easy except for the last portion, Bunker Hill. If you think you can make it through there I'd recommend going down Indy and out Liberty.

Bunker Hill

https://i.imgur.com/3Cc3SOD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/V0P3SH2.jpg

newracer
January 30th, 2020, 11:38 AM
Also the entrance and just past of Patriot is harder than the exit, especially for a full bodied rig.

https://i.imgur.com/jZSZdlbl.jpg

TJS86TOY
February 3rd, 2020, 06:43 AM
Agree with Newracer. Also, just after the first drop on Bunker Hill, depending on what line you take the rocks can take you in to the wall. That is where I see a lot of body damage. I have seen full bodied rigs make it down bunker fine and go out through Liberty, on the flipside, I have seen people destroy their stuff in the first 50 feet. My best advise would be to self evaluate your driving skills, how well your rig is built and it's weak points and prepare. No-one wants to be broke in the middle of a hard trail. It's one of those trails I have run in a half hour and in contrast have spent all day in to the night helping someone weld up broken knuckles. Alot for plenty of time on the trail. Bring your favorite beverage and food. One good thing about that system is that it is short and within walking distance to the main road in the event you need parts, food etc. If the trail is wet, well, thats a whole different ballgame. Newracer and I have spent a few hours in that mess and had to winch the exit. Hope all this helps in your decision. That trail system is by far one of the most entertaining. Good luck and if you decide to go post up some pic's!