PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to my Dad - Mildly interesting photo

TyTheJeepGuy
March 27th, 2020, 08:02 PM
Hey all,

My Dad passed away last October. Some of you may have met him, he came out to spot me on a couple of the trails I've done with the club (T33 plane crash and Pennsylvania Gulch, 2019). Anyway I have some copies of the book he wrote on 4x4 trails in Arizona and thought I'd share the cool photo on the cover; the XJ guys can feast their eyes on a good flex.

One of my earliest memories (the photo was probably taken the year I was born) is my Dad slamming that Cherokee's door on his thumb accidentally. I learned a few new words that day :)

Thanks,
Ty

Java
March 29th, 2020, 08:27 AM
That's really cool, generational wheeling. :thumb: What's the book title? Some of us may have it.

TyTheJeepGuy
March 29th, 2020, 09:02 AM
That's really cool, generational wheeling. :thumb: What's the book title? Some of us may have it.

Thanks! The book is called "The Four Wheel Drive Trails of Arizona." It was published in 1996. A lot of those trails were closed down to slow erosion of the areas. Apparently at the time it was released it was the only Arizona trail guide that included GPS coordinates overlaid over topo maps.

I usually go wheeling with some family members when I drive back to AZ for Christmas so if I drive down again this winter it would be interesting to do a comparison of trail conditions 23 years later. If I put together a good comparison in some form I'll post it here.