PDA

View Full Version : Eldorado Mtn - Caribou Report

Tom
July 18th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Beautiful day with great company. Nice to meet you Mike.
Trail is a lot more interesting than I expected. Narrow and off camber to start. Beautiful views at the high point.
A rather busy trail. Next time will likely be a weekday. Thanks Jackie for the cookie.

Aprs track attached.

FINOCJ
July 18th, 2020, 04:35 PM
I assume you started Eldora and went up the narrow shelf road section first (helps with right of way)....Ive done the first half past the old town site, but never went past the first main access to dirt road.

Jackie
July 18th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Perfect weather up there today. That obstacle at the beginning took me by surprise! If it wasn't for the fact it was off camber on a shelf, it wouldn't have been bad, but... Haha! I can laugh now!

The whole first part of the trail made me think of MSV on a narrow shelf. Nice payoff at the top! Thanks for another great trail Tom, and it was nice to meet you Mike and Shane!

Tom
July 18th, 2020, 05:53 PM
I assume you started Eldora and went up the narrow shelf road section first (helps with right of way)....Ive done the first half past the old town site, but never went past the first main access to dirt road.
Yes sir we did. And I was on that run with you.

We met an atv who was coming down the shelf. He was rather upset/scared that he had to back up on the shelf. (I spotted him the whole way. Only took about 50' and had him back up the hillside.)

speedkills
July 18th, 2020, 06:15 PM
I was having so much fun I decided to do the second half again in the reverse direction. Gave me a chance to hit that mud hole we bypassed on the way out. Definitely a good day.

FINOCJ
July 18th, 2020, 06:45 PM
And I was on that run with you.

I mostly remember it got pretty snowy at some point.

Tom
July 18th, 2020, 07:20 PM
I remember the mud near then rainbow lakes road.

Getaklu
July 19th, 2020, 04:52 PM

You may be thinking of this day in November of '17:

Tom
July 19th, 2020, 05:08 PM
That's not the run I was on. Didn't you do another run in warmer weather James?

FINOCJ
July 21st, 2020, 03:27 PM
The only one in that area of Eldora that I have been in on was the Nov run in the snow.....

Max
July 21st, 2020, 04:01 PM

Sunday November 5th 2017.

Tom
July 21st, 2020, 04:25 PM
The only one in that area of Eldora that I have been in on was the Nov run in the snow.....
Hmm. I thought I went with you. Guess not.