PDA

View Full Version : Red Cone

Rocrawlr
August 23rd, 2020, 09:17 AM
Ended up running up to Red Cone yesterday met up with Roy, 3 of his friends and briefly saw Jay on the trail. Spectacular views! Going back down Webster we found a 4Runner on it's roof blocking the trail. Apparently he was trying to get off to the side to let 2 vehicle pass. Very fortunate that no one was injured, especially the 2 kids that were in the back seat. It took us (mostly Roy and his friends as he was on point) over 2 hours to get the crunched side up and back on somewhat level ground. Not much room to work with on the switch back shelf, long hike uphill to the only tree to run straps and snatch block off of. I'm glad we were able to help them get safely back to their campsite. I'm as sure they were REALLY GLAD too.

Thank you Roy for letting me tag along with your group!

derf
August 23rd, 2020, 10:23 AM
It was good to meet you. All things considered, it was a good day.

Jim
August 23rd, 2020, 02:32 PM
Bummer to see the roll.

Props to you folks for getting them upright.

dieseldoc
August 24th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Good for you folks for taking care.
Always a rough day when thing go wheels up.
Nice pics.
Looks like it was a tough time.

The StRanger
August 24th, 2020, 10:22 PM
It’s all part of the story’s to be told around future campfires.

derf
August 24th, 2020, 10:33 PM
Good for you folks for taking care.
Always a rough day when thing go wheels up.
Nice pics.
Looks like it was a tough time.

The side-by-side drivers who had been drinking didn't help. And Captain Youtube Expert slowed us down as well.

jayson44
August 25th, 2020, 10:37 AM
oh wow! that's sucks!

Gerald, it was good to meet you. our group got really big, really fast, and they wanted to keep moving along so I'm sorry I couldn't chat longer. Glad you guys were able to help someone out.

J.