PDA

View Full Version : Emissions not checking Emissions

Java
October 2nd, 2020, 07:54 AM
Took my LJ to emissions and they are doing Covid safe testing- no mask no test, you stay in the car the whole time while they hook up to your OBD, check for smoke, look at your check engine light and check your gas cap. I watched about 10 cars before me, they are not checking emissions, not even at the tailpipe. They also did not open any hoods including mine. It says N/A for emissions on the print out. I'm not criticizing, just reporting. :thumb:

On the way home I had a good laugh, my Jeep's check engine light came on, I pulled over and checked it with the key and it was code 0457: loose gas cap.

Jaycifer
October 2nd, 2020, 01:37 PM
Interesting, Which station did you go to? I have to get them done on the yj

TyTheJeepGuy
October 2nd, 2020, 02:52 PM
Jealous! They swarmed my J10 like bees. If it were only 2 years older I could go pollute the earth in peace

Java
October 2nd, 2020, 05:06 PM
I went to the one in Golden on 44th. https://aircarecolorado.com/locations/wait-times

The StRanger
October 2nd, 2020, 10:47 PM
Jealous! They swarmed my J10 like bees. If it were only 2 years older I could go pollute the earth in peace
I took the black Exploder to Parker and had every tech in the station swarm it..
it passed through first time with no problems but still
WHY ???

Brian
October 3rd, 2020, 11:00 PM
Just the opposite here....no gas smog check, but diesel every year at $55.

Jackie
October 8th, 2020, 07:33 AM
I went to the one in Golden on 44th. https://aircarecolorado.com/locations/wait-times

I went to this station as well. They did make me get out of the car, but this was not the test we are all familiar with. Quick and easy!

JandDGreens
October 11th, 2020, 06:29 AM
Did my emissions on Friday, I prepared for it by changing plugs, air filter, oil change. They ran mine on the dyno, ran the test until the computer stop the test saying (passed by fast pass criteria)
Pretty stocked have 2 years till next time.