PDA

View Full Version : Woodland Park Area

Shane
October 19th, 2020, 09:00 AM
So the wife and I decided to test out the new vehicle. She didn't do to shabby, do need to add a little clearance to her though. :D. So we started out at the Rainbow falls riding area. We took Hidden Valley Rd to Fern Creek down Rampart Range to Hotel Gulch to my sister in-laws for a little visit afterwards which is close to the HWY 67 start of Hotel Gulch.

Shane
October 19th, 2020, 09:08 AM
There are a few sections of Fern Creek were the trail is slowly eroding make it a little narrow. A full size truck may get stuck in the washout. Their was only a few rocky sections, had to put it in 4low and use the rear diff lock due to some wheel spin. Set the diff lock and no more slippage.

Tom
October 19th, 2020, 11:20 AM
She didn't do to shabby, do need to add a little clearance to her though. :D.
The wife or the vehicle?:lmao:

Aaron
October 19th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Nice. Cool to see the new cherokees out there.

Shane
October 20th, 2020, 08:42 AM
The wife or the vehicle?
:lmao: Both actually, The wife doesn't do well with steep hills and cliffs and ledges. So we tend to the less rated trails. Which is cool still gets yah out and enjoying things.
As for the new rig she didn't do to bad for stock. Gonna try and get some clearance over the winter. With work schedule and all the home projects going on it makes it hard to get out.

The StRanger
October 20th, 2020, 11:27 PM
Sounds like a good. Glad you had fun.
are they makin any spacers or lift for that ?

Shane
October 21st, 2020, 08:24 AM
Yes their are a few companies that make spacers kits. Rough Country is the cheaper one at 160 ish, MFC spacers are 475 ish. The MFC seems to better the better of the 2. Their is are a few companies that do struts and spring. Probably go with the spacers that way I can still use factory replacement parts if something gets bent of broke.

The StRanger
October 21st, 2020, 10:06 PM
Kewl.