PDA

View Full Version : New Years day run. (Schubarth loop)

JandDGreens
January 1st, 2021, 06:04 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone who came out. I'm home but very exhausted, so if anyone has the energy to post pics, please take the lead. Just want to say what a perfect day. Cheers!

speedkills
January 1st, 2021, 06:40 PM
You nailed it, absolutely perfect. Great way to kick off the year, I think that may be the most scenic trail I have ever been on. Felt prehistoric almost, gave me the same feeling seeing the redwoods in California gave me.

JandDGreens
January 1st, 2021, 06:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing the redwoods. It was fun seeing you maneuver your rig the way you did on that rock. Pretty scetchy.

Steve-O
January 1st, 2021, 07:10 PM
Had a great day out, thanks for organizing David.

We entered from the west, ran the loop CCW, went down and back on the spur, then finished up the loop and out.

I ended up needing a couple pulls (one actually needed, one the result of a newbie mistake lol), thanks to Shane for those. Other than that none of us had any issues, didn't even break out the chains. I'm hoping Aaron might have some video of my daring attempt that required the first pull :lmao:

We were above the Air Force Academy at the end of the spur.

Kabra
January 1st, 2021, 07:27 PM
I'm hoping Aaron might have some video of my daring attempt that required the first pull

Well I'm not Aaron but I do have a video of it on my iPhone. I went to upload it but it looks like I'm required to get it into YouTube or whatever first. I'm not much of a social media kinda guy.

I also had a great time with all you guys (and Emily) today and hope to do some more trails with everyone. Thanks David for organizing it.

speedkills
January 1st, 2021, 07:33 PM
This site doesn't play well with iPhone's unfortunately. Some days I spend the effort to rotate the pictures and resize them, but don't have that in me today but here is the what I have in an iCloud album. Hopefully that works for people. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0gGrq0zwGDK0If I do have a few second short video of you attempting that climb. Those sway bars are doing their job for sure, just not a job you wanted done.

Steve-O
January 1st, 2021, 07:39 PM
Those sway bars are doing their job for sure, just not a job you wanted done.

True that. I'm hoping to have the front sway bar quick disconnects installed before I go wheelin again. But first they have to come in the mail...

speedkills
January 1st, 2021, 07:44 PM
I need some myself. Nobody actually makes them for my rig, but I'm thinking maybe I just drill the end out and add a pin. That or just pull them when I want to with an impact.

open_circuit
January 1st, 2021, 08:00 PM
Looks like a nice day. Certainly more fun than the hours I spent swearing at rivnuts.

speedkills
January 1st, 2021, 08:13 PM
I actually think rivnuts are pretty cool, but yeah, this was better.

JandDGreens
January 1st, 2021, 09:32 PM
So these are a few pictures I managed to take. I really enjoy this trail and hope it never closes. But if you saw all the tracks off trail you would agree a few A-holes can spoil things for everyone. Just can't wrap my head around such idiots.

Anyways what a terrific trail.

goSlo
January 2nd, 2021, 06:13 AM
Was a lot of fun with everyone today!

We even recruited a new member who we met on the trail.

Here's the video I captured.

Setting up for Steve's last try before pulling rope

That Disco's mouth is just watering, waiting to put that rope on a Wrangler!

Go go go!...to the store and get a locker!? :p

Already looking forward to the next one boys!

speedkills
January 2nd, 2021, 08:14 AM
I recently adjusted my swingouts so they would close easier. Looks like I made them open easier too.

JL_James
January 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM
Was nice meeting you all, here’s some pictures the GF got yesterday. Hope to see you all out on the trail again.