PDA

View Full Version : What trails / sights / obstacles are on your mind for 2021 ???

Jim
March 25th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Poughkeepsie Gulch (and trails west of US-550 / south of Black Bear) might happen.

Some Sand Hollow might happen.

Maze District is scheduled to happen!

What's on YOUR mind?

open_circuit
March 25th, 2021, 08:12 PM
All of those sound fun. Ran Poughkeepsie last year, but anxious to get back to Ouray area again this year.

Spent the last couple months upgrading the Jeep for the Maze district.

Thinking about some more remote trips this year as well. Hoping to get to the Badlands & Black Hills and / or Big Bend National Park.

Maybe we can get a group together for a run of the White Rim Trail?

FINOCJ
March 25th, 2021, 08:24 PM
Possibly looking at going to Tillamook in the pacific northwest with earlycj5 group in June (although I might go back to Rubicon again instead). The ecj5 group also has week long Colo trip again that I am helping with basing out of Leadville in aug. Will be running a lot of repeat stuff for me, but new trails might include halfmoon creek and grizzly lake and iron chest (which I haven't run in 20 years). Maybe a blanca peak attempt with the right group. Got some Moab ideas as well, but less likely to happen...but all of golden spike would be good. Actually, my main jeep goal this summer is getting the 58 done with rebuilt sbc350/sm465/D18 and whatever rough bodywork I can do to make it fit. Might be a bit more limited wheeling year with focus on the 58 and hopefully lots of river and backpacking trips. We launch for 16 days on the grand canyon in a month, and have a JMT backpack permit in aug as well as hoping to knock out a few more sections of the CT.

JandDGreens
March 25th, 2021, 10:08 PM
I would love to go to Utah and run some of the trails there, camping and trails would be great! (Thanksgiving break?) Anyone.
The Summer goes by so fast and wife and I have several vacation trips already planned so that really cuts into my trail runs. I would really like to make the most of it and make more of them muti-day adventures if you know what I mean.
Ouray always calls out to me. In fact we are going down there 1rst weekend of June (mostly to enjoy The towns of Telluride and Ouray) but I would love to make another trip down to run trails. It's my favorite area! In Colorado.

The StRanger
March 25th, 2021, 10:51 PM
I would LOVE to do some time in the San Rafael swell, Tin Cup. If Moody Hill and Kelly Flats if there still around,

newracer
March 26th, 2021, 10:28 AM
Holy Cross, Sand Hollow, Blanca Peak, San Juan area, South Dakota

Jim
March 26th, 2021, 11:58 AM
What's in South Dakota?

open_circuit
March 26th, 2021, 12:09 PM
What's in South Dakota?

Badlands and Black Hills?

https://www.jeeptheusa.com/black-hills-jeep-trails.html

Pretty high up my list to visit later this spring or early summer.

goSlo
March 27th, 2021, 03:40 PM
I've been to Grizzly Lake twice now but was alone so didn't mess with the gatekeeper. :( That's very high on the list this year.
Also the Iron Chest run, again I was alone so only did that first quarter mile and turned around on the boulder field, the hardest part from what I understand.
Then it's Holy Cross FOR SURE in 2021.
Next January hope to make it to the Winter 4x4 Jamboree, just have to stop and say Hi to Matt or Ed or any of those guys!

The warm can't come soon enough!

FINOCJ
March 27th, 2021, 06:14 PM
I've been to Grizzly Lake twice now but was alone so didn't mess with the gatekeeper. :( That's very high on the list this year.
Also the Iron Chest run, again I was alone so only did that first quarter mile and turned around on the boulder field, the hardest part from what I understand.
Then it's Holy Cross FOR SURE in 2021.
Next January hope to make it to the Winter 4x4 Jamboree, just have to stop and say Hi to Matt or Ed or any of those guys!

The warm can't come soon enough!

Let's try and get grizzly and iron chest done!

goSlo
March 27th, 2021, 07:49 PM
Let's try and get grizzly and iron chest done!
Can't wait for that planning thread! :thumb:

jayson44
March 28th, 2021, 02:30 PM
I'm gonna hit Moab in the 4runner once I get my sliders installed.

I'd also like to hit Black Bear & other Ouray/Telluride area trails.

Holy Cross is another that has escaped me in years past that I want to hit.

J.

ForumAdmin
March 29th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Select posts that used to be in this thread were moved to a new thread in Member's Only. They were not deleted.