PDA

View Full Version : STOCKERS RUN!!

Funrover
August 4th, 2008, 05:24 PM
So this idea has been brought up many times latly and we should plan one. SCRubicon had the "STOCKERS WITHOUT LOCKERS RUN" idea and now we have a few new members that want to learn what is capable. In the past I have always done China Wall for a forst run. I am game for that again but would like to hear what others think for trails. I am also not sure on dates I am available so I will post my open times when I know!!

Chris
August 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
China Wall would be good, maybe Argentine or Yankee Hill that are closer or anything down around the Springs we haven't done.

:cool:

SCRubicon
August 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
China Wall would be good, maybe Argentine or Yankee Hill that are closer or anything down around the Springs we haven't done.

:cool:

McClellan Mountain, Kingston Peak, Pickle Gulch, Loch Lomond are good stockers too.

Chris
August 4th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Lots of options, just need someone to set the place & time and I think we'll have a good turnout. ;)

I like the STOCKERS WITHOUT LOCKERS RUN for a name too

SCRubicon
August 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Lots of options, just need someone to set the place & time and I think we'll have a good turnout. ;)

I like the STOCKERS WITHOUT LOCKERS RUN for a name too

If we do Waldorf/Argentine, we can smash some rocks too ;)

Jeepin Chef
August 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
:DThat is a great idea...
You have to start somewhere Id like to come too can I or do I have to remove my lockers out.?

Funrover
August 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
:DThat is a great idea...
You have to start somewhere Id like to come too can I or do I have to remove my lockers out.?

Just come with what you got, it's just to have fun!!! it would be a good way of getting others to see the abilities of their 4x4's

How about Mosquito Pass?

Chris
August 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Is Mosquito Pass really the highest trail in the state? Someone running Imogene mentioned it was.

That's another trail I haven't done, so many trails, so little time. :rolleyes:

Pathrat
August 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Yankee Hill and Kingston are good 'newbie' runs; I ran them as some of my first runs.

Love the name of the run Steve...should become a club classic

4Runner3Wheeler
August 5th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I'm game. I just had my sliders welded on and put Super Swampers on. I'm ready to bang around and try the new traction.

When and where? I'm up for any thing. Close to Denver is always good for the pocketbook.

5280Hawk
August 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yep,

I like the name, too

I did Mosquito Pass a while back. They were doing the Jackass race on the same day, where you run from Leadville to Fairplay with a Donkey in tow!

DaleD
August 5th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Close to Denver is always good for the pocketbook.

But if you live in the Springs like I thats bad for ours.. LOL

Funrover
August 5th, 2008, 01:10 PM
But if you live in the Springs like I thats bad for ours.. LOL

X2 LOL:clap:

Funrover
August 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
So I have an idea..... HOw about we do Kingston Peak and Loch Lemond on Aug 30 or Sept 6.. How does that sound?

DaleD
August 6th, 2008, 12:34 AM
To far for my pocketbook sorry...

Pathrat
August 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
So I have an idea..... HOw about we do Kingston Peak and Loch Lemond on Aug 30 or Sept 6.. How does that sound?

I like this suggestion. Sorry DiscoDale :)

4Runner3Wheeler
August 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I like the idea of these trails. I'm most likely in. I won't know on the dates for a week or so.

Chris
August 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Someone pick a date and trail :thunb:

SCRubicon
August 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Let's go with September 6th. I'll be spending time with family from the 27th of August to the 1st of September. Hit Kingston Peak from the Apex side, and work over to Alice. From Alice head up to Loch Lomond. The lake would be a great place to break out some grilling :)

Chris
August 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Good choices Steve, add it to the calendar! :thunb:

Jimmy
August 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Is Mosquito Pass really the highest trail in the state? Someone running Imogene mentioned it was. :

IIRC it's the highest pass/trail that begins in one place and ends in another. As in, you don't drive to the peak, turn around, and take the same trail out.

Discodude19
August 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM
So where is takin place again and when?

Funrover
August 6th, 2008, 06:45 PM
So where is takin place again and when?

Kingston Peak/Loch Lemond Aug 30 or sept 6