PDA

View Full Version : Schubarth Loop

Trevor?
June 13th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Steve-o and Tdash had some things come up, but I went ahead and ran this trail solo anyway. It was a fun trail. I explored all of the spurs. At the end of one of the spurs, there was a decent view of the Air Force Academy... at least I assume that's what that was. There are a lot of very cool campsites in this area especially near the large boulders. The trees and some of the boulders were pretty tight out near the end of the spurs... the TJ was the perfect size, but anything larger would have been a tight fit. A lot of trees in the area were marked with orange spray paint. If I had to guess it looked like some logging may be coming through the area soon.

On the way home my power steering stopped working. I pulled over and checked the fluid and there was plenty in there. No signs of leaks and I replaced the steering gear last year. There was a noticeable amount of air pressure in the reservoir, evident by a little pop/hiss when I opened it at a decent elevation. After revving the motor a little and working the wheel back and forth it started working again. Not sure if an air bubble got in there somehow or if this is a sign that the pump is on its way out. Thoughts would be appreciated.

goSlo
June 13th, 2021, 06:25 PM
It's a fun little loop for sure.
Thanks for sharing your pics.

TDash
June 13th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Sorry Trevor! By the time I had realized you had also signed up 8 already told the wife it had been canceled after seeing steve-o's post. Glad you still had fun and that your power steering is ok

Trevor?
June 14th, 2021, 10:01 AM
No worries. I checked the website before I left, so I knew what was going on.

I'll always appreciate company, but I had a "day pass" from the wife so I couldn't let that go to waste. I only regret not grabbing my fly rod so I could have wet a line at deckers on my way home.