PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Pass road near Aspen

RockyMtRebel
July 2nd, 2021, 01:32 PM
Ran up this road almost to tree line. Had my dogs with me so didn’t want to bounce around too much more otherwise I definitely would have continued up to the pass and down into Crested Butte area. Here’s a few pics, definitely want to run more of the trails between Aspen and Crested Butte

speedkills
July 2nd, 2021, 01:35 PM
It's gorgeous over there, I'd like to explore that way too.

open_circuit
July 2nd, 2021, 01:41 PM
It's gorgeous over there, I'd like to explore that way too.

Candidate for the next 3-5 day trip?

Tom
July 2nd, 2021, 01:52 PM
Fun trail. I have run it a couple of times and one partial time. The partial time was when I was 17 and got seriously stuck without any recovery gear. Had to walk back into CB to borrow a shovel. Over 10 mile round trip hike.

There is a really nice waterfall and camping spot on the cb side off the main trail.

RockyMtRebel
July 2nd, 2021, 02:13 PM
Just the part of the trail I ran had multiple water crossings and visible waterfalls, lush green everywhere, amazing views….. I have to come back here for more wheelin. I might be able to get out for a few hours tomorrow if I’m lucky but not holding my breath. Lol

Tom
July 2nd, 2021, 05:22 PM
The spot I am referring to is near the red line on the mvum below. That trail goes up to some beaver ponds, at least it did in the 1960’s. The waterfall drops about 30 feet into a deep clear pool and the camping spot is within about 40’ of it. Worth a quick visit even if not camping if you are near.

Java
July 2nd, 2021, 05:25 PM
Pretty Jeep. :thumb: