PDA

View Full Version : Obama Tix

Patrolman
August 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
They just made an announcement that 35,000 or more tix will go to CO residents for the acceptance speech at Mile High. Details should be online.

Funrover
August 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Oh goodie.... another reason to stay down here

Patrolman
August 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
My thought was either get involved in the convention somehow or go on vacation. Since I won't be going on vacation, I think we might go to the speech. How I wish I lived outside of the Metro area. It has its perks, but this may not be one of them!

DaleD
August 6th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Oh goodie.... another reason to stay down here

:thunb:

DaleD
August 6th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I think we might go to the speech.

Watch out for the peaceful poo flinging protester's LMAO

Chris
August 7th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I went to the DNC in Chicago in '68. Hoping "Recreate 68" is unsuccessful.

Patrolman
August 14th, 2008, 08:55 PM
So we got a pair of tix for the event. Will see how things pan out security wise for the first couple days of the convention before we decide for sure whether we will actually attend. Glad that we got the confirmation for the opportunity to go!

Chris
August 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Cool Jeff, way to go! :thunb:

Camo Cruiser
August 15th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Id rather lick bugs off my windsheild than spend any time with that many demo's at one.

Chris
August 15th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Id rather lick bugs off my windsheild than spend any time with that many demo's at one.

Congratulations Syver!

You've won a hard-to-acquire ticket to my garage to lick bugs off my windshield.

Camo Cruiser
August 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Congratulations Syver!

You've won a hard-to-acquire ticket to my garage to lick bugs off my windshield.

As long as I dont have to lick the inside of your windshield, Ive heard what you do in your truck!!!!!!!!!!!11:tsk:

Patrolman
August 19th, 2008, 10:33 AM
As long as I dont have to lick the inside of your windshield, Ive heard what you do in your truck!!!!!!!!!!!11:tsk:

You could lick my buddies windshield. He drove from Tulsa to Denver via Kansas overnight. There were bugs that looked like small birds splattered all over the front of his ride! Yuck.

Patrolman
August 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
So a pic of the tix! They are a cool holographic type of deal. Not just a cheezy piece of paperboard.

Still waiting to see how the security that week pans out. Also not sure who is getting my vote, but at least it should be an "educational" experience as I have never been to any event that was politically related!

bskey
August 19th, 2008, 12:29 PM
You could lick my buddies windshield.

Hmmm...... this took an interesting turn... ;)

Hang on to those tix!! Hopefully they dont take them when you enter the stadium. They would be nice to have in good shape in 50 years.

4runner freak
August 19th, 2008, 12:49 PM

After you lick the bugs off of the windshield, you can go inside and watch a soap opera and still get more truth and nutrition then going to the DNC:D

Chris
August 19th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Still waiting to see how the security that week pans out. Also not sure who is getting my vote, but at least it should be an "educational" experience as I have never been to any event that was politically related!

Hope it's not a repeat of '68 in any way,shape or form and that recreate '68 is unsuccessful. I'm all for everyone getting heard and tried to make it to the DNC in Chicago in '68. The tear gas and police in full riot gear turned me off to it.

The only good thing to come out of that mess was the first Mayor Daley's quote that went something like: "The police aren't here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder."

:lol:

Patrolman
August 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Nice qoute!

I hope that all goes smoothly as well. Looking to be a small part of history and at least have the chance to hear one candidate speak. They still blow a lot of hot air. I think that is true from most politicians, maybe except Nader. Maybe that is why he still hasn't been elected? I voted for him at least once!

Patrolman
August 28th, 2008, 10:54 PM
So everything went smooth tonight. What a circus though! Crazy parking and LINES of people to get in/out! Never been to anything like that in my life!

Last night a couple friends and I went to see Nader speak. Good speech as well. Not sure that it was as inspirational as Obama, but still interesting. Sat in the nosebleed at both events, but will post pics soon.

Chris
August 29th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Cool that you were there, it was a great speech IMHO.

Uh-oh, does that mean I'm a liberal? :lol:

Patrolman
August 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM
It was a good speech. I believe that Nader gave a good speech as well. Got to hear plenty of other speakers at both speeches. Interesting to hear 2 different sides as well. Won't likely have that opportunity again!

DaleD
August 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM
So a pic of the tix! They are a cool holographic type of deal. Not just a cheezy piece of paperboard.

Love the upside down flag :bang:

Funrover
August 29th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Well Obama is pushing for change.....:rolleyes:

Patrolman
August 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Funny that I hadn't noticed that before. I didn't really look at the pics, and it is easier to see in the digital pics than in on the ticket.

Chris
August 29th, 2008, 10:55 AM

:lol: Too much listening to Limbaugh and O'Rielly Dale.

:oops: Sounding like a liberal again!

Chris
August 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM
(CNN) -- Sen. John McCain on Friday announced Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his vice presidential candidate, calling her "the running mate who can best help me shake up Washington."
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/POLITICS/08/29/palin.republican.vp.candidate/art.palin.file.gi.jpg (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/POLITICS/08/29/palin.republican.vp.candidate/art.palin.file.gi.jpg)

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, here in February, will be Sen. John McCain's running mate, the campaign announced.

"She's exactly who this country needs to help me fight the same old Washington politics of me first and country second," the presumptive Republican nominee said at a Dayton, Ohio, rally of about 15,000 supporters, who welcomed the surprise pick of the relatively unknown politician with cheers and flags.

"She's got the grit, integrity, good sense and fierce devotion to the common good that is exactly what we need in Washington today," McCain said.

Palin, 44, told the crowd, "To have been chosen brings a great challenge. I know that it will demand the best that I have to give and I promise nothing less."

Palin is a first-term governor who unseated incumbent Gov. Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary in 2006 and went on to defeat former Gov. Tony Knowles, a Democrat, in the general election.

She will be the first woman to be nominated for vice president as a Republican and only the second to run for vice president on a major party ticket, after Democrat Geraldine Ferraro in 1984.

Palin also will be the first Alaskan to be on the ticket for either party.

DaleD
August 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
:lol: Too much listening to Limbaugh and O'Rielly Dale.

Nope, It was the first thing I noticed.. All by me self:lol:

Chris
August 29th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Pic of the ticket, upside down flag or Obama wearing a blue shirt with white stars superimposed over the flag depending on interpretation.

Patrolman
August 29th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, who knows. He is wearing a blue shirt, but then when you turn the pic, the flag shows without him. The blue is in the same place. Likely hard to do it any other way without Obama being upside down! In any case, it is a cool ticket and was a decent enough speech.

Not sure what to think of McCain's pick. Will hear them out. This is the first year in a while where I have been hearing everyone out. Getting all sides of the story before making a decision!

Cindy Sheehan spoke at Nader's event. She is apparently running for Congress in San Francisco as an independent against Nancy Pelosi. Should be an interesting cat fight!

Patrolman
August 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Pics from before Obama spoke. Will likely have more pics after I get the pics back from my 35mm SLR. Not enough zoom on the digital.