PDA

View Full Version : Charity Ride?

Patrolman
August 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Not sure there will be enough time this year as my schedule is getting full, but I have 2 ideas.

Before I moved to the Front Range, I lived in SW CO. A group there would take physically handicapped kids out on a fun trail ride each Summer. Any interest in trying something like this? Gives the kids a chance to see the great outdoors when they otherwise may not have that opportunity.

Similar idea would be maybe some "inner city" kids. Again, kids who otherwise don't have the opportunity to experience the great outdoors.

Both cases would likely require waivers. Also should be somewhere nearby in case they get ancy.

Feel free to throw in opinions or additional input!

Chris
August 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Cool idea! My daughter's a severe needs teacher in Cherry Creek School District and would be able to help us line up kids. She teaches middle school age kids but is well-connected with people in all areas and kids with all sorts of disabilities.

I would think this would be pretty easy to put together but I'd prefer to stay away from organizations such as schools, etc and deal directly with the parents. The red tape in this sort of thing is overwhelming.

I agree time is short and think a Spring run would be a realistic goal.

:cool:

Funrover
August 6th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I'm game, just need to iron out details for next season for me to make it.

Pathrat
August 6th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'm game, just need to iron out details for next season for me to make it.

I'd be willing.

Patrolman
August 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Two other ideas would be a Toys for Tots "run" during the holiday season and/or a "run" to deliver frozen turkeys to the homeless shelter in downtown Denver. Always good to return to society in ways other than just offroad related areas!

Chris
August 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Doesn't the Toys for Tots exist already by the state org? That would be easy to participate in with little planning. Turkey delivery is another good idea. :thunb:

Patrolman
August 10th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Toys for Tots already exists, but there are always groups represented. I always do a turkey run at Thanksgiving for the shelter. The birds are always on sale for dirt cheap at the stores and I get as many as I can to take down there. Usually get close to 10 at $7 a piece. Would be good to "represent" there as well!

Pathrat
August 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Toys for Tots already exists, but there are always groups represented. I always do a turkey run at Thanksgiving for the shelter. The birds are always on sale for dirt cheap at the stores and I get as many as I can to take down there. Usually get close to 10 at $7 a piece. Would be good to "represent" there as well!

Please don't let us forget this. I will need reminding as the season gets closer.