PDA

View Full Version : Stockers Without Lockers Run

SCRubicon
August 7th, 2008, 01:37 PM
September 6th 2008

The idea I have in mind for this trip is to go out wheeling in my other 4x4. (a stock Jeep TJ) This won't be a hardcore run - it will be scenic and mellow. I've chosen Kingston Peak, and Loch Lomond. KP trail gets above tree line and the views are amazing! Loch Lomond is below KP trail, and is in full view at the Stone House. After KP, we'll head to Loch Lomond for some grilling. Bring a fishing pole if you'd like. Even though this outing is geared towards stock 4x4's, it will be open to anybody who would like to participate. (stock or not, locked or not)

The meeting place will be Bullwhacker's gas station on 119. (it's the only gas station on 119 between Golden and Black Hawk) Meet @ 8:30 and depart for the trail @ 9:00.

Post up if you can make it :D

Funrover
August 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm in.... Mind if I came up the night before?

Tye
August 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Well I dont have lockers .....We're in.:jiggy"

SCRubicon
August 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm in.... Mind if I came up the night before?

Come on up, you can have the spare bedroom :)

Chris
August 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm in for this run :cool:

Funrover
August 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Well I dont have lockers .....We're in.:jiggy"

Yet... don't have lockers YET

Tye
August 8th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Chris were looking for ya':thunb:

Chris
August 9th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Chris were looking for ya':thunb:

Is it September already? :confused:

Tye
August 10th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Is it September already? :confused:

I'm guilty for not reading each and every post... we did a prerun for the stocker run. Steve, Aaron and myself got out and checked thing out, we were able to get some hiking inthough we did get wet at cloud line.

Thanks Steve if it would not havebeen for you and keeping laughing and forgetting how bad my lungs were burning:eek: I probally would have strangled the billy goat (Aaron) we were tring to follow. :thunb:

That was a good time and the Stockers run should be just as good.

Funrover
August 10th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks Steve if it would not havebeen for you and keeping laughing and forgetting how bad my lungs were burning:eek: I probally would have strangled the billy goat (Aaron) we were tring to follow. :thunb:

ROFLMAO!!!! :D:D It was a great time!! Beautiful area!

SCRubicon
August 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM
It was a great pre run. We got the timing figured out, and decided on a better meeting place for the September run. Tye suggested Bullwhacker's gas station on 119. Lots of room for everybody to meet, and we can top off on gas before we head up. I'll make the edits to reflect the new meeting spot, and I'll put up a report w/ pics from yesterday.

SCRubicon
August 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Heck, take the mini. When we were up there a 4x2 pos Ford Ranger was making it's way up from the Alice side. :D

Funrover
August 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Is it sept 6 yet........ PLEASE... I wanna go wheel!!!

KnuckleHead
August 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I might beable to make this run, just one thing..... where is it.... never been there.?

Funrover
August 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I might beable to make this run, just one thing..... where is it.... never been there.?

Just outside of Blackhawk to Idaho Springs roughly!

Pathrat
August 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I'm a maybe with the family, but my only stocker is a minivan so I'll have to commit to leaving the lockers off :D

You bring your minivan and I will drive my Mazda MX3...I know I have four inches of ground clearance, I know it! The flex in that suspension is just unbelievable!

Gate Monkey
August 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't miss it. I didn't even think about getting in any fishing. I will bring my stocker and my pole.

KnuckleHead
August 28th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I'll have to see if I have anything going on then.....

Funrover
August 31st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Almost here..... I WANNA WHEEL lol.....

Chris
September 1st, 2008, 04:13 PM
I have family visiting from out of state so may not make it. If I do I'll bring the Pig! :D

Funrover
September 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM
I have family visiting from out of state so may not make it. If I do I'll bring the Pig! :D

....... YOU MUST GO........ LOL Bring the family and both rigs!

Chris
September 1st, 2008, 09:10 PM
I do want to go, 5 want to get the piggie on some dirt! :D

Funrover
September 3rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Don't forget to bring some hiking gear, a few of us are planning on taking the hike up to the other two lakes! Will make for an all around great day!

Pathrat
September 3rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
The first post said "grilling"...is someone bringing a grill or is it bring your own source?

Funrover
September 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
I hadn't thought that far ahead.. LOL.... I am sure I will have a camp stove as I will more han likly be camping up there sat night for a friends bachlor party

SCRubicon
September 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I'll be packing my Coleman grill.

Pathrat
September 4th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I'll be packing my Coleman grill.

have room for three hot dogs?:D

Chris
September 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Everyone have a great time, I'm not going to make it - feeling poorly and family visiting. Bring warm clothes and your cameras!

SCRubicon
September 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Warm clothes? Does this mean I have to go out and get some long pants? :D

Anyhow, who is going to make it for the run?

Scrubicon +1

Pathrat
September 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Warm clothes? Does this mean I have to go out and get some long pants? :D

Anyhow, who is going to make it for the run?

Scrubicon +1

I am not done with summer, need more!

Gate Monkey is going, and I will be his gate-monkey for this run, leaving my FJ at home

Funrover
September 5th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Looking foward to tomorrow!

SCRubicon
September 6th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I'll be out the door in 1/2 hr. See you at the meet spot.